What Would You Say are the Seven Wonders of France?
If any list exists, it doesn't matter. Tell me what YOU would name as the Seven Wonders of France! I'm just curious.
- ChocoBNLv 51 decade agoFavorite Answer
It's hard to narrow it down to only 7 but here are mine, excluding Paris which is a jewel too:
1. the Loire Valley : http://www.experienceloire.com/
2. the cliffs of Etretat : http://www.etretat.net/office_de_tourisme_etretat/...
3. Carcassonne : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcassonne
4. the (7,000-year old) great cairn of Barnenez : http://www.paleologos.com/cairn.htm
5. Rocamadour : http://www.rocamadour.com/anglais/accueilanglais.h...
6. the Dune du Pilat : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Great_Dune_of_Pyl...
7. the Lascaux cave : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lascaux
but there are also the villages of the Lot valley, the majestic Mont Blanc, the Alpine lakes of le Bourget and Annecy, the Camargue, the standing stones of Carnac, the Normandie bridge and Millau viaduct, les Baux de Provence, the Popes' palace in Avignon, the Roman arenas in Nîmes, the pink granit coast of northern Brittany, the turquoise waters of the grand Canyon of the Verdon...
- 1 decade ago
An interesting, but difficult question! Here are my Top Seven Wonders of France!
1. Mont St Michel http://france-travel.suite101.com/article.cfm/mont...
2. Rocamadour http://france-travel.suite101.com/article.cfm/roca...
3. Almost any restaurant meal, from a trucker's cafe to haute cusine
4. Unpasturised Camembert http://frenchcuisine.suite101.com/article.cfm/unpa...
5. Wine from the Pays d'Oc
6. Unrefined "Sel de Guerande" sea salt http://frenchcuisine.suite101.com/article.cfm/unre...
7. Chatres Cathedral
- VictoriaLv 41 decade ago
1. Eiffel Tower
2. The Louvre
a. mona lisa
b. portrait of john the bapist
3. L'Arc de Triomphe
4. Skiing in the Alps
5. Nice for the Beaches
6. Notre Dame Cathedral
7. Bordeaux for the wine
I have more but those are my top 7. I absolutely loved France.
- 1 decade ago
As an ex-pat who lives here (and therefore totally biased!! )
Here are my seven wonders:
1,choice of climate.!
2,space to live!
3,the best health care in the world!
4,A 2hr lunch break with wine!
5,An elected goverment,not just passing the torch to someone like Gordon Brown?
6, not getting stabbed on a daily basis(they employ police here!)
7,using local taxes(council tax)...to actually clean the streets,clean the beach,daily refuse collection(in the cities),etc etc...
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- 1 decade ago
I'm guessing you mean natural or architectural monuments, so here's my list:
hotel dieu (beaune)
lascaux caves (in the dordogne)
- Anonymous1 decade ago
-the eiffel tower
-cathedral of reims
-notre dame de paris
-the castles of the loire
-the lighthouses of bretagne
-the beautiful villages of provence
-place ducale (charleville-mezieres)
-and the wine! =)