msbettyboop40 asked in PetsHorses · 1 decade ago

Just curious about what they would sell for...

I don't plan on selling them but I am curious about what they would go for in other areas. I rescued them about 6 weeks ago and the former owner (who had closed his office) has sent off for copies of the registration papers.

I was told:

Lyla is a fleabitten grey Straight Egyptian Arabian, 7-8 years old. Rode good but shied out from under the rider sometimes. Never shown. Also was told her sire was a Russian import and her granddam was sold for $2 million. She has an anxious personality and shies easily but is a people pleaser.

Marlie is an 10 year old, chestnut Arabian (maybe Crabbet or Polish from the looks of her). Never shown. Was a child's (12- 14 years old) horse when she was 5 years old but the child moved away. Is calmer than Lyla but is more headstrong.

Neither have bucked. They have not been ridden in a year or more. However we have been brushing up their manners and they are coming along well.

I know that the area I live in is not big on Arabians (mostly QH and paints here). In fact there are no Arabians for sale in a 100 radius of my town on the major websites and only 3 in a 150 radius.

Looking at the idea of perhaps breeding in a year or two. I have only found 1 breeder in the area and she does maybe 1 a year. Might be a nitch here for Arabians. Just a thought about what they would go for if we went for it. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Both horses

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29098793@N04/27170943...

Lyla

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29098793@N04/27179535...

Marlie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29098793@N04/27171053...

Been looking at Straight Egyptians in the South and they go anywhere from 1,500 to 10,000 as yearlings and 2 year olds on the breeder's website. It just got me curious if my Lyla was worth that if I was told the truth about her pedigree. Same for Marlie.

Favorite Answer

though your mare is anxious i would try to find her breeder and find out from an arab person what they are worth you arent going to get a real straight answer on here what they are worth in the arab world. Im not going to put a price on them because i've never met or seen them go. But there are people who love arabs despite their temperment good luck

Source(s): 17 years in the business

I live up north in CT and my friends neighbor has an arabian breeding farm and the horses have famous arabian horse names in there papers. There 2 year old arabian filly is worth $30,000 or more. I would guess the first one maybe $10,000 or more and the second one Under $10,000. The prices will ddepend on how well broke the are there dams and sires and what is on there papers ( ex. how well the horses did in showing and how well known like how THE HORSE KENNY RODGERS IS WELL KNOW IN THE PAINTS

I doubt they would get much. Both would probably be under $2,000.

I also wouldn't breed the Arabian. She has an anxious personality and shies alot.

Nice looking horse and they sound great to ride and have around. I don't think that 1500 or $2500 would be out of line.

They are pretty good looking! I'd say nothing over four thousand, because even if they are looking good they are rescues....good for you for rescuing them, mines a rescue too.

They would not sell for much in todays horse market. Please do not breed them. You will end up with 4 horses you can not sell.

Source(s): common sense