Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

can someone please explain "stop and stare" to me

by OneRepublic. i really like the song but i have no idea what it's about. can someone please explain it to me?

thanks

Favorite Answer

http://www.songmeanings.net/lyric.php?lid=35308221...

look for ashsugarz061

he/she has a good answer

to me it kinda sounds like finding yourself. or trying to find yourself through other people or things. maybe its about realising how life can be. "stop and stare, i think im moving but i go nowhere" could mean like, trying to go in only one direction usually doesnt get you anywhere. you need choices. like have a variety of choices for life. this is just out of my perspective. good luck! ;D

Source(s): me :]
  • anthia

ummm i luv hat track and what i feel it is looking to say is that matters are taking place round you daily like a child being born, persons death , or simply doing grocery looking and in addition that hazard is round. This would possibly say that we simply give up and appreaciate the sector round us good that's what i feel and i'm really not definite whether it is handy :P

i think its about being confused in life like the lyrics : " stop and stare, you think your movin' but your going no where" and there are numerous others that give the same influence.

hope that i helped you understand the song more x

I think it's about someone dying. Like "stop and stare i think i'm moving but I go nowhere".