people magazine recipes
Last Christmas people magazine had a holiday recipe section. One was from stacy keibler and it was a candy made with saltine crackers. The other was a frosting from the wife on the sopranos. I can't find the magazine and if anyone has these recipes I would totally appreciate it!
- 1 decade agoFavorite Answer
Soda Cracker Candy
1 (10 ounce) package saltine crackers
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
2 (12 ounce) packages semisweet chocolate chips
2 cups chopped almonds
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Line a 10x15 inch cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Place crackers in a singe layer over prepared cookie sheet. Use more or fewer crackers as needed to cover the bottom of your pan.
3. In a small saucepan over low heat combine butter and brown sugar; bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes; pour over crackers.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 5 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top. Sprinkle almonds over chocolate chips; using the back of a wooden spoon, press nuts into chocolate.
5. Chill in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or until set. Break into pieces and store, sealed, in refrigerator.
I think this is it & its an old recipe Enjoy!