what do u think is the best age to start a family?

Favorite Answer

I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS A PERFECT AGE. IM POSITIVE IT VARIOUS FROM PERSON TO PERSON.

WE STARTED HAVING BABIES WHEN I WAS 25 AND MY BOYFRIEND WAS 31. ITS WORKED OUT PERFECTLY FOR US!

I don't think its so much an age thing thing but a maturity thing. I don't mean you should start a family at 15 though. You should have accomplished quite afew of the goals you've set (i.e. in a loving relationship, completion of schooling, in a secure career, and settled in a safe place to raise a child). I guess its really not a question of the best age to start a family but what is the best age to become a parent.

• suitti

30. You might have some clue what you're doing by then, and aren't so worn out that you can't do it. But the best answer for men might be a bit higher than the best answer for women. Women aren't so clueless, and their biological alarm clocks have already gone off. After all, women used to have babies at like 13 or 15. From an evolutionary perspective, that wasn't that long ago.

I don't believe there is an age. My husband and I started our family very young and have worked very hard for all of the things we have. We have never relied on others (including welfare) to support us. We were just out of high school when we had our daughter, she is now 10 and our son is 6. We play a very active roll in their education and activities. I know some people who are much older and much more irresponsible!

I personally think about 24 25 is good...you are done with college or have a career started and you are emotionally more mature at that age.

Base your decision on how well you are settled in your life.

Do you have a stable relationship (Married).

Do you have a home that you have the ability to keep?

Do you have a job that may stick around for awhile and do you have the skills to get another job if this one disappears.

Do you have money in the bank. You should consider having a years wages in savings and if your spouse works add both together. If one of you choses to stay home with the kids ( I recomend it) then you may want to have even more in savings and the stay at home parent should aquire homemaking skills. Like cooking from scratch, gardening, sewing,home repair.

age really isnt the best determination. it more depends on the people's maturity level, how much money they make, where they live, their commitment to eachother, etc. just because someone is 33 doesnt mean they are ready because of their age- they very well could be acting like 16 year olds.

i would say if you are married, you are financially stable, you live in a good area (you dont want to raise kids up in the ghetto) and your marriage is HEALTHY, then by all means, go for it.

Source(s): my own situation- im gettin married on the 23rd, im 24 he is 23, we live in a fairly good area in a house, he makes good money, we know what we want in live and we know we have the patience and determination to raise a child. some 24 year old are all about partying though!

whatever age you are at when you are at the stage where you are settled and have a good job and enough money to do so. thats my philosophy, dont plan an age... plan a stage. (like a stage in life)

After you're married & around 23 or 24.