I want a new playstation.but which should i buy?

i used to own a playstation 2 but my mother gave it again now i want a new one but i have no idea on which to get. Most of the games i played are the grand theft auto, and guitar hero? what do u guys suggest i get my top choices are the playstation 2, playstation 3, portable playstation and maybe the xbox 360 i am sure about this last one since i have never play with it. So which should i get?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Dean B
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Well if you already had a PS2 and are used to the Playstaiton games then the PS3 is the better choice. if you still have your PS3 gmaes try to get the 60GB or old/currnet(depends when you read this) 80GB as they are only models with PS2 support.

Also it offers Free online play, and Blu-Ray palyer ( which if you have a HDTV your parents will more than likely enjoy)

To the above comment, the isnt the 360 just a updated Xbox surely? oh n the PS3 has chat too, oh n Home (yeah look up PS3 Home on youtube, its gonna be great)

• 1 decade ago

playstation2's have many titles and since the next gen. games are coming out the games and its systems are of cheaper price and better value

playstation3 is another system for a hardcore gamer who is willing to pay the price. the graphics are top notch but it doesn't really focus much on party games and since it is a new generation game system its value should be able to last for a few years

the psp is what i have and it is more of gaming on the go. many of the

games are of no good use but it is more of a music/computer/tv than anything else (something very good on trips)

well the xbox 360 is very good for newcomers its lasting value is questionable because after looking at the first xbox it lasted for 3-4 but it is great to play single but it is versatile over the internet too and multiplayer

it is a very hard choice but you should ask a retailer like best buy's employees to further help you because electronics is their business

but i'm sure you will make the right choice

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

playstation 3

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

playstation 3

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

There are three good reasons you should get the PS2. One, it is the Cheapest and most afordable of all 4 of those which means you'll be saving money! Two, you already probably have a lot some games for your PS2 and if you buy any other consol you'll have to buy games as soon as you get it. Three, almost all of those are very similar than the PS3.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Get the xbox 360 cause it have guitar hero and all the halo games and stuff like that. PS systems are not worth the money.

You should check out my gaming forum.

http://www.tehubergaming.co.cc/

• 1 decade ago

XBOX 360 because the PS3 is pretty much the same as the second one just better graphics. Also, XBOX there is chat rooms :)

• 1 decade ago

buy what you can afford

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.