How do I Hook up my laptop to LCD TV?

I've read all the other resolved questions on this topic but still can't get it to work. I bought a cable that has a DVI on one end and RCA on the other. The DVI is connecting to my TV and the RCA is connecting to my laptop. I am on the right input on my TV but it is saying that nothing is connected and my laptop is saying that there is no TV connected either.

Anybody know why this is happening? Maybe need a different cable or change a setting?

Sorry, RCA is supposed to be VGA.

Favorite Answer

Go to the input options menu on the TV and make sure it's set for DVI, and not anything else.

Do the same on your laptop.

There you may also want to use the display settings manager in your control panal to make sure it's all set properly.

I would go DVI to HDMI, but that would be just video only. That's what I did, and scaled the resolution in the graphics card settings, but it just wasn't good for gaming on my 42" LCD TV.

Porn looked AWESOME, and general surfing text was too small at 1920x1080, I just went back to my 15" LCD PC monitor, but again the PORN WAS AWESOME on large picture files...SWEET!