Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 decade ago

HELP I think my amniotic fluid water break or may be leaking I soaked through a panty liner in less than an ho

I just posted another questions earlier today about my mucus plug and bloody show coing yesterday. I went to the hospital and the on call Dr totally blew me off and did not even come in to see me. I have an appt tomorrow am with my regular Dr. and do not want to go back to the hospital prior unless it is absoutley necessary. My bloody show seems to be slowing way down so all I had on when a very thin panty liner. While sitting here I felt some fluid in my panties. It clearly did not feel like I was urinating myself but at 38 weeks you never can be too sure. I checked and I had a small puddle in the panty liner and on my panties above the liner. The fluid also soaked through the panty liner. I cleaned up and put on a new panty liner and it has been about 15 minutes and I have not had any more fluid yet. My Dr. told me the baby is engaged and is very low so I am concerned about the possiblity of her plugging any leak. Do you think I am leaking fluid or my water broke? I smelled the wetness (what other choice do you have) and it did not smell like urine. It did not smell like anything. It looked clear, except the little bit of show already in the liner makes it hard to say for sure. Could the bloody show be clear at the end and odorless or is this my water leaking? I am having contractions, but I do not feel like they are strong enough to start timing them yet. I have been having them since Tuesday night and this is my first baby. Any suggestions on how to montor this myself until tomorrow am would also be appreciated. Thank you for your knowledge and time.

Favorite Answer

Better safe than sorry go get it checked....screw the rude hospital staff, thats their job!

Sounds like your water broke. The baby is probably plugging the leak but that doesn't last.. Have you tried pushing a little to see if you leak any more? Try his a few times. My contractions were not regular until AFTER my water broke, so you may need to go in. Good Luck Mommy!

Source(s): Mom of 17 mo. old and 2 week old boys

It really sounds like it is your fluid, which can be dangerous if you delay in seeking medical attention. I know how you feel about not wanting to "bug" the Dr's, but really it's their job! Just call L&D, and tell them what's going on, they'll probably want you to come in for a quick swab to test the fluid.

call your doctor and just tell the nurse exactly what is going on...its better to be safe because if your water did break then you could get an infection if you let it go and not get it checked out.

Call your doctor, explain what's happening and follow his/her advice.