Do you walk by faith, or by sight?

Why are so many so-called Christians, who are supposed to live by their faith, hung up on scientific proof?

It is by grace that you have been saved, through faith. Not: It is by grace that you have been saved, as long as you can prove the theory of evolution is incorrect.

Anyone who believes in Christ will have eternal life. Not: Anyone who can prove that Jesus lived will have eternal life.

If you claim to be a Christian, then live like it. Have some faith.

Favorite Answer

You are exactly right, we just in the past month left our home church of over 9 years because they got all hung up on seeing signs, it was like it all turned into a magic show.

This is what I want to know from the atheists...

Do you walk by faith? Or do you keep your eye on the ground at all times to make sure it passes safely beneath your feet? When you ascend or descend stairs, do you keep your eye on every one before you step on it? At any time you merely trust the ground/carpet/rug/stair is there, you're walking by faith.

Yes, indeed! "Anyone who believes in Christ will have eternal life. Not: Anyone who can prove that Jesus lived will have eternal life." AND look how hard it is, even to do that!

Faith is nothing more then the conditioned ideas passed down from parent to child. To live based on the conditioned ideas of those before you is not to be seeing reality as it truly is.

To live by what you can prove through scientific tests and hard physical proof is the only real way to live. Otherwise you are not seeing what is really going on but rather a delusion that is popular to this or that culture. Yet one that is rejected by another in favor of a different delusion.

Sometimes I walk by sight but I also walk by faith!I believe god is true becuase being hung up on scientific proof is not it!explane why we are an earth...i mean we could be on mars for all we care!but it is earth!explane how we got made?I mean we just didn't pop up!we have meaning and that is why we are here!!and the trees and the sky and grass!explane that for me!so yes i do believe in god!and i do have faith!;)

I walk by faith but as a sinful weak human, I sometimes would like to see the proof. But overall, I have faith in God and know that He will provide for me.

• Tigger

I do live by faith, although I cannot look at the world and not see God's work.

What's wrong with proving something is false when it is?

You're right, faith is believing without seeing. Any christian worth their religion should be able to show God that they are willing to step out on faith and believe he is who he says he is.

I have faith in God. I know God is not that monster from the buy-bull.

Most souls cross over and there is not even one religion that makes a bit of difference.

Faith :D believe without seein

• KathyC

i live by faith and not by sight..i sought and was found..was bound but now i'm free!