In 'Breaking dawn' did anybody else get the impression that Edward didn't really relate to Renesmee?

As though he didn't like her as much as he should have,being the father.

Maybe he might hold somthing against her for the pain she caused bella,

i dont know really i just got that impression.

Favorite Answer

Yeah, I thought the same thing and asked a similar question --if you want to review the responses go to http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=AnyNz...

But here is what i think...

It made me sad when renesmee is sharing her thoughts with bella,and Bella said that most of renesmees thoughts were on her and jacob... i know jacob imprinted on her and everything and renesmee loves him, but it seems like her thoughts should have been equally on edwards as it was on jacobs... i mean edward is the father and it seems like renesmee should love bella the most, then edward, then jacob, ya know? I don't know, i just wish there was more of a father daughter relationship between edward and renesmee.

It does have Edward kissing her goodbye at the end and says he has a sad and horrified look in his eyes, but i wish there was more [this sounds too humanish lol] of him like lying on the ground playing with her or hunting with her or something, because right in the begining of the book he told bella he wished he could give her a child, so it seems like he would want to be the best father possible, but i guess jacob kind of took over as father figure which was weird for me. I don't know if its that Edward didn't like her, because I'm sure he did.. i think jacob took his place which was stupid. Also though, i think they did relate through touch, and edward can hear renesmees thoughts, so maybe they just don't include it. But yeah i got a similar impression

I had the impression that he was besotted with her once he started hearing her voice. He isn't like a normal father, but then he doesn't have to do any of the normal things that parents do. He doesn't have to get up in the night when she cries, because she never cries. He doesn't have to change diapers or have her spew up food over him or any of that stuff. And he will never have to worry about how she is doing at school or whether she's on drugs or bringing home unsuitable boyfriends or anything.

The trouble with the vampires is that they have everything too easy, it simply isn't possible to relate to them as people. They don't get tired or sick or suffer pain, they're perfectly beautiful, super strong, fabulously wealthy etc etc etc, I mean they're just too good to be true. Even when they have a baby, she doesn't give them any bother and is super-intelligent, grows super-fast etc.

yeah he didn't seem much like a devoted father, maybe he thought jacob had already taken that position. when bella saw renesmee's thoughts they were mostly of her and jacob and not much of edward. then i don't think he was linked as much with bella in the book either????

At first, i didn't think he loved her much at all....but then as the book went on and in the end with the Volturi, i think he really did love her, but he didn't like the pain he caused Bella!

I really dont think Bella and Edward were ready to be parents

not at all! i got the impression that he was her life, besides bella. he talked about her with reverence, love, and adoration. he sounded like he was finally at peace with himself when he talk about both Renesmee and Bella.

No, I got the impression that Edward really loves his daughter...it said that he talks about her with reverence in his voice.

at first yes then after the volturi and everything it seemed that he did and when bella first ask him about her and how she explain that the way he talked about her....the first time i read it it didn't seem like it but im re-reading it and u actually can see that he relates

• Yeah kinda.. but i think he treated her better than i expected him to.. i expected him to hold it against her that she caused her mother such pain.

Yeah, I felt it was an odd relationship. Not very fatherly at all.