Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

does fighting break my fast?

i just broke my fast and it was like an hour after it and i had a fight with someone.. does my fast mean anything? fightin does it take my fasting.. ahh i dont know how to say this.. does my fasting go if i fight?

thanks H.K:P..

and no i didnt not take a chunk outta him..

Favorite Answer

Beaking a fast is a serious infraction. Its penalty is feeing 6o poor people two meals of the day if you are a Muslim.

randy w - Thank you for your unproven statistic concerning why people watch NHL games, and thank you for your blatant opinion on its quality. alwaysmoose - Agreed; less people get hurt when they break the fight up when someone hits the ground. My contribution is that guys have been knocked out with only one punch, so sometimes it's not about how long the fight goes on. Fights are never that long so as to delay the game significantly, and they affect the momentum of the game as far as intensity level goes. When a guy does gets knocked out, it's a big deal so it stands out in everyone's mind and the media focuses on it more. The truth is, more people are hurt by stick-related incidents all season than fights. I think the league is actually doing a good job cracking down on the dirtier penalties such as high-sticking and spearing. If a guy doesn't want to fight for whatever reason, as long as he doesn't drop the gloves, the other player trying to start the fight will more than likely receive a penalty for instigating, roughing, or a more serious game misconduct. Side Note: Fighting has always been part of the sport. For the record, I don't like Don Cherry. If you don't understand why fighting is good in the sport and for the sport, educate yourself so that you can become a true fan.

Fighting does not break fasting unless yu eat the guy while fighting

• -

I practice fighting all the time during ramadan and nothing's wrong with it.

And as for the real fight, they do not break your fast.

Sweating is actually a good way to pass the time during Ramadan as u cool off.

But it will get u thirsty.

well i don't know but i think yes you will say bad words which will break your fast because fasting is not only for food but you tongue and your eyes and every thing

so why do you fight fasting is great thing to be good and to avoid fight with your patient and to learn how to control you nerves.

while you are fasting don't fight ..

EDIT: LOL@ the dude above me ahahahaha.

it does yeah..........fighting kills the meaning of fasting. The purpose of fasting is to control your desires and anger/fighting comes in that too

The impermissible statements and actions do not invalidate the fast. However, without doubt it reduces the reward and loses its benefits and fruits. From that which is intended from the fast is fear of Allah (Taqwah) as He (subhaanahu wa-ta'aala) said: {O you who believe! Fasting is prescribed for you as it was

prescribed for those before you, that you may become al-Muttaqoon (the pious)} [Soorah al-Baqarah, Aayah 183]. So, Allah has explained the wisdom

behind the obligation of fasting upon us and that is to attain fear of Allah (subhaanahu wa-ta'aala). The Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) said:

((One who does not abandon evil talk and actions, then Allah is not in need of him abandoning his food and drink (i.e. his fasting)).

Rather, the Prophet (sal-Allaahu `alayhe wa sallam) commanded the one who is fasting that, should someone curse him or attempt to kill him,

he should say: ((I am fasting)) such that the one who is swearing and abusing is deterred. By this, he will know that the one who is fasting has

not responded because of any weakness but, rather, because of piety and fear of Allah because he is fasting.

So your fast hasn't broken but the reward is reduced. InshaAllah khair

Fasting is not eating. Did you take a bite out of your opponent?

tricky matter do a search in search engines like google just that can help

aww

sorry bro this is all i could find :

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/106473/fight%20and%...

yw, hope ur feeling a bit better :)