whats it like to get a navel piercing at a young age?

im 13 years old and i want to get a navel piercing done. yes i know there are MANY risks and im gonna grow and its probably gonna get infected and ill look trampy and stuff, but i still want one.and are there any proffesionals out there who specialize in navel piercings that could tell me how many 13 and 14 year olds you see come into your office

btw i look older than what i am like 15 if that makes any diffrence

Favorite Answer

It looks super trashy... epically at 13!!

My friends just got theirs done and they are 15

Seriously just wait a while like a couple years

Like you may think it looks cute now but what are you going to think when you have a goss saggy belly

i didn't get my navel pierced and till i was 23 and im 24 going to be 25 in 2 months. i honestly would wait if i was you cause if you get it pierced at a young age it might not heal right and it might reject the piercing and if not that it might change position and once its healed it should be in the middle and it might be more on the right or left side and honestly that wouldn't look really great it would look gross.. i would wait honestly...

by rights most body piercing won't pierce any girl under the age of 16 cause it can grow out or change position and that would look really gross. most places you have to be 16 and most place's you have to be 18 just depends on the body piercing shop. it can cost between 35-45 thats how much mine was but i live in Pa and all body piercing shops are different some its 55-60 and some are 65-70 just depends on the place. i don't matter how old you look to have to have some kind of id along with your parents....

it can reject the piercing or it can get infect it just depends....

anywhere else can be extremely painful and very uncomfortable, particularly if they don't heal well.

most body piercer's request that they have eaten a meal within 4 hours prior to a piercing. We pierce those 18+ with valid photo ID, 16+ with parental consent and corresponding IDs.

We need the ID every time you need any procedure performed, even if you have shown it on a prior occasion.

n order to pierce a minor (16 - 18), we will need their ID, showing photo, name and birth date (see above list), as well as that of the adult signing for them. Only parents or legal guardians can sign for a minor. In the event of different last names, addresses, etc., we will need paperwork proving legal custody. This can include court papers, change of name forms, birth certificates, insurance cards with both names, or school transcripts or medical bills including the minor's name but addressed to the guardian.

Acceptable IDs include

Driver's License

Passport

Military ID

State non-driver's ID

PA welfare photo ID

Or with

Photo Work ID

Photo School ID

Photo College ID

Birth Certificate

Red Cross Donor Card

Voter Registration

Temporary License

At what age can you get piercing?

Check the laws where you live about when you can have a body piercing. Most body piercers will not pierce a person under the age of 16 or 18 except with signed parental consent.

Although this may seem unfair to younger people who really want a piercing, these rules are in place for a number of reasons. Firstly, your body is still growing and this means that the piercing can grow out or change position. Secondly, a piercing could be seen as child abuse especially if it is in a private part of your body.

Don't get your piercing done by a friend to avoid waiting. Without proper training and equipment, this can be dangerous. Wait until a reputable piercer will do the piercing correctly.

Source(s): both lobes pierced 4 times 16g and 18g left cartilage 16g right top ear 16g navel getting left tragus done next month http://www.cyh.com/HealthTopics/HealthTopicDetails...

Well, I just got my nose pierced a week ago, and while I was waiting in the waiting room, a girl my age (13) came in and got her navel pierced.

She said that pain wise-it wasn't as bad as she thought.

And unless you want it to get infected and not have it look that great, don't go for a place that you can get it done for any less than $50.

The girl in the shop I went to paid over $120 for it.

I think that navel piercings are really cute, even for our age.

Not many, you need a parents consent to get piercings. And 20 -25 is a sale, its more like 30- 35

• Liz T

Personaly i dont think theres anything wrong with it

my friend got hers done when she was 12

but any good piercer will not pierce you without parental consent

should cost bout 20-25

• kbug

I have seen many young girls get their belly buttons pierced but your right about one thing it will look trashy at your age. But if you do not care about that then go for it.