Pregnancy questions????

Where can I find a list of medicines I can & can't take during my pregnancy. I have a terrible cold almost like the flu & I don't know what to take. If you know of any remedies please help. Thanx so much

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I know I'm just a stranger on the internet, so if that makes you wary, verify this with your doctor first. But this is list of medicines directly from the paper from my ob that are considered safe in pregnancy.

Cold/Cough/Sore Throat/Sinus/Allergies

Tylenol or Extra Strength Tylenol; Tylenol Cold Daytime or Tylenol Sinus or Sudafed; Actifed; Mucinex; Chloroseptic spray; Sucrets Lozenges; Cepastat Lozenges; Cepacol Lozenges; Ocean Spray Nasal Spray; Warm Salt-water Throat Gargle; Plain Robitussin; Ludens or Halls cough drops; Room Humidifier; Benadryl

Indigestion/Reflux/Gas

Tums; Maalox; Mylanta; Pepcid; Gaviscon; Gas-X

Nausea

Emetrol (as directed on label); Vitamin B6 with every meal; Sea Bands

Constipation

Metamucil; Fibercon, Colace (stool softener); Milk of Magnesia; Fleet Enema; Fruits; Vegetables; Bran; Prunes; Coffee (in moderate amounts)

Diarrhea

Kaopectate; Imodium AD

Hemorrhoids

Preparation H; Tucks; Anusol; Sitz bath with Epsom Salt

Yeast Infection

Monistat; Gyne-Lotrimin

Headache

Tylenol regular strength

Source(s): Premier Medical OB/GYN
  • 1 decade ago

Your doctor should have a packet of info ready for you that has all that included. There's not much you can take, sorry, you'll just have to ride it out. Ask your doctor for info on your next visit or see if you can drop by and pick it up. It should have a list of do's and don'ts to take. Good luck, hope you feel better!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Actually, there is a list. The practice that I go to has a website and a page with all the medicines that you can take for any kind of ailment that you can imagine. Hope this helps:

http://www.fsobgyn.net/page5.html

• Tidgie
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

There's no list, at least not one you should follow because every woman and every pregnancy is different, you shouldn't take something just because someone else did; that doesn't mean it's safe for you. What you need to do is get a hold of your doctor and discuss with him/her what they think you should take.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Nothing other than Tylenol that's all you have on your list. You cant take anything else sorry.

Mom of 2 year old and 30 1/2 weeks pregnant. :)

• 1 decade ago

My doctor gave me a list. There's not much you can take that will actually be effective. No ibuprofen, no "multi symptom" cold meds. Basically Tylenol, Benadryl, Mucinex, plain regular Robitussin. I just had to suffer through my cold - no fun!

• 1 decade ago

Ask your doctor to make you up a list. Mine gave me one at my first appoinment.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Ask your doctor that would be your best bet everything you find on the internet isn't correct.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.