Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 1 decade ago

Who Writes Better Lyrics? Rush Or The Beatles?

This is by no means as easy at it may appear. Give Rush a decent listen and You'll find lyrics of amazing depth and complexity.

Rush gets My vote. But how about You?

And defending Your position would be appreciated.

No Victor

Guess that's a joke answer though huh?

Bored At Work

Now there's an intelligent answer, Kudos

Favorite Answer

Well Darth. For me that would be RUSH. I think for some it would depend on what you like to hear about. Beatles and RUSH are two very different styles and two very different purposes to their music. I do think that the beatles really made an impact with their lyrics and they are suppurb for sure. However, I also think that Neil is an amazing writer for sure. He has really wrote some amazing songs over the years and it can not be overlooked. I think most would say the Beatles just because the beatles were more popular overall than RUSH. During their time the beatles were unmatched in world wide popularity and still gain fans today. The same can be said about RUSH to a point. They just might not be worth 7 or 8 hundered billion dollars like the beatles but hey, not everyone can make billions!

The Beatles

i have listened to both and i find that the beatles top rush lyrically, although it's clear that rush had deeper talents for instrumental work than the beatles...personally, i have never been able to get into rush that much, i know they are all extremely talented musicians and give them credit for that, but i've never really gotten anything from their work like i have from many other bands, i guess it's just a personal thing though...as for the beatles, if you bypass their teeny bopper era you'll find that they were able to cover a wide variety of topics in a wide variety of ways in their work

I have to say Rush. There lyrics were more in depth. Plus they wrote a mini Rock Opera , 2112. That takes talent. very few bands have done that. Also i dont like how the beatles put a lot of hippy stuff into their music.

Personally, as far as lyrics go, The Beatles were much better. When they weren't COMPLETELY stoned. Like "I Am the Walrus". What is that? When they were only PARTIALLY stoned, however they were genius. Musically, though, I think Rush is better.

Oh and for the record Homer, Geddy Lee songs for Rush, not Neil.

• alissa

Rush. I don't have anything against The Beatles, but I just like Rush better.

i always found rush lyrics to be kind of synth cool. the beatles could write about everything and did. get four musical geniuses together and add LSD, well you can come up with the greatest lyrics for pop music ever known.

The Beatles

• ?

I love the Beatles but my answer is Rush

The Beatles

Their lyrics were pure poetry. Some of the greatest written of all time, I think. John and Paul put real passion into their songs. They were both pure genuises, both musically and lyrically. No one will EVER top them. All 4 Beatles had beautiful minds.

I'd say rush

I always found the majority of The Beatles lyrics simplistic without much to them,