Hey everyone, Just a quick question to all 3rd time mommies, Is the 3rd delivery quicker and faster?

My second delivery was 23 hrs, hope i don't have to go through that again....

Favorite Answer

I think so. Mine have progressively gotten easier. I'm expecting my fourth and asked my Dr. if I could hang around the house and labor a bit before I come into the hospital. She said she didn't recommend it since it was my fourth and I most likely would go quicker. I guess it's normal for your labor to be quicker and easier, but it also depends on a lot of things. If complications arise, then of course that could slow things down. But, if every thing goes smoothly, then I think your body has been there, done that, and responds to labor easier. Just a guess.

mine was way easier,and a little faster,but my longest was only 9 1/2 hours long the third came in about 7 hr's and it was soo much easier,i went from being dialated to a 5 to a 10 in minutes..and it seems i could handle the contractions so much better,and the delivery was easier.. dont get me wrong it was still painful but compared to the other 2 it was a piece of cake...i was sitting up eating and wanting to walk around a little after delivery..

my third delivery was so much easier only 12 hours of labor total the nurse didnt think it was time for the baby but i knew and ended up delivering it myself on the bed it was really amazing

My mom's third delivery was the worst. My brother got all tangled up and got stuck under her rib cage. For her, the first birth was the easiest. The second wasn't too bad, she was premature...