My car seems too quite for its kind! help!

I have a 360ci engine, rebuilt, and ill keep it simple and just say it has alot of performance parts. I got the new cam broken in so i wanted to make a video of some revs for the people at school. I borrowed the mufflers from a freind who "says" they are dynomax turbos, and i put them directly on the headers. They sounded great in live when the car was outside, But when i record the car on camera all I hear is the whining of the engine, even though its naturally aspirated. Is this because The hood is off and its drowning out the noise of the exhuast? Or is it because im in a garage? or do the mufflers just suck? Any Ideas would help, cause right now that vid isn't very impressive.

Favorite Answer

HI

Turbo mufflers are kind of a quite muffler. it might be a better video if you pulled the mufflers off and videoed it that way (park it outside so it won't be to loud) or run glass packs, or some other straight Thu muffler (one you can see Thu.)

good luck

Tim

Source(s): 40+ years experience

use an external mike, and set it behind the mufflers so you get the sound from them, but can still video the engine.

It may very well be your camcorder. It may not be picking up the entire range of sound. Usually exhaust is low, sort of like bass.