psychologically,what effect would saying someones name often in a conversation do?

Would it b a reassuring thing?2 make the person feel comfortable,or a dominating/superior thing?

Favorite Answer

It depends. If someone does not know me very well and they keep repeating my name during a conversation I find it condescending and annoying. If you don't know me, don't use my first name.

It personalizes the conversation, having a comfortable, reassuring effect.

It could have all of these effects. If you use it a few times throughout the conversation, it could make them feel as though your conversation is personal and that you care. If you say their name in every sentence it would just plain be annoying!

it really could mean anything. that they like the sound of the name, that they care, or it could be taken as a dominating sort of thing. It's all HOW you say the name, not just how often

really, it will just make you look weird, you have to use reassuring word to reasure people that everything will be alright, not saying their name alot