Why is it when you report someone...

That is nasty and crude and breaking almost every guideline, they are not suspended?

Update:

Well! That makes no sense what so ever! I am sorry your friend lost her account because of this. Did she appeal?

Update 2:

Bleeding hearts" are you questioning my honesty?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I know what you mean, a friend of mine had a stalker and she reported them and instead of them suspending the stalker they suspended her for reporting it. Does this make any sense to you! I wish I could work for the yahoo answers team, I would definitely get rid of stalkers and trolls!

• Closed
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

Many of the people you are referring to are suspended. However, they often make new accounts and come back, doing the same thing again. Also, if you are truly a 'new member' as you nickname indicates, your reports are not carrying as much weight. Once you have been on the site for a while, earned points and built up your reliability, your reportings will carry more impact and help remove such people more quickly and easily.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

i know it kinda works Backwards huh, i got reported for the way i answered a joke on here, i simply answered "thanks for the two points and the laugh" and the asker reported me. I appealed and Yahoo Answers denied the appeal saying I was point shopping or something and deducted another 10 points from me.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

I totally agree with ~CHEEKY~. I wonder that also.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.