Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 decade ago

How will all these McCain voters get to the polls in November?

LOL. Looks like the "pubs" better borrow yet another tactic from the Dems and figure out how to give people rides to the polls and perhaps reimburse them for lost pay. In the past, this was done for corrupt reasons. However, the GOOD news for your REPUKES is that it will be absolutely necessary. With a half million newly unemployed this year and another half million expected, sky high gas prices FEW people will be able to afford the time or gas to get to the polls. All this under the watch of 8 years of GWB. TRULY, Americans have not been in worse shape during an election year in the past 30 years. FACT.

Oh, the other "good" news is that if you reimburse people for lost pay it won't be much since most of America now earns less than a living wage.

Favorite Answer

I will drive my Tahoe to the polls, leave it running with the A/C on high, while i go in and cast a vote for McCain. Im not sure how you will get there.

• GunnyC

So you admit the Democrats have done those things in the past for corrupt reasons-I guess you mean to buy votes? Strange confession and paying people for lost wages is very shaky. How can most Americans make less then the "living wage" unless it is either artificially high for political reasons or you are counting every man, woman and child many of whom either cannot work for legal reasons (being under age) or just work part time for that reason and others either chose not too or are like me retired. My wife and I will drive to the polls in the Durango and vote, how you getting there or you driving the bus and paying people as they get off?

• whimsy

The vans from the retirement communities and nursing homes will be ferrying legions of McCain supporters to the polls followed by the Early Bird Specials at the S & S Cafeteria.

We have to figure out how to get as many votes from the cemetary as the democrats do. Felons and dead people make up about half the democrat voting base.

He will probably fly them there on a jet. First he'll dig some new oil that he is sure will lower the price of his gas immediately.

• the d

completely false, the economy was on shambles in 1980.

the economy was bad in 1992.

the economy was in a downturn, not arecession in the later aprt of 2000 due to inflation concerns, feds raised interest rates, it went away.

I just got a raise at my job... work is doing well for us and I plan to vote and drive my lexus to the polls.

Maybe there will be an emergency gas bail out plan for that to! and only the repubs will be the ones eligible for it.

Source(s): OBAMA 08 The US needs a change in the right direction.
  • Smart people vote by absentee ballots, at least that's what I do. Why wait in line when you don't have to. Just mail it in.

• Abu#2

Lost pay? Are you old enough to vote? Do you have a job?