How fast does a PS3 harddrive fill up?

I am torn between getting a 40gb or a MSG4 80gb. Is the 40gb good till I get around to installing a larger HDD? Are the save files/updates/additional content/demos big?

Favorite Answer

I have the 80 GB i bought it for MGS4 and because of backward compatibility. Before i installed my 1TB HDD, i had 6 games 3 full movies 10 TV shows and a bunch of music and still only used about 56GB, my friend has a 40 and when i went to put stuff on his he had 485kb and all he had was game stuff on his HDD so get the larger one unless you plan to change the HDD right away.

This totally depends upon what you are downloading and how much.

I have an entire CD collection (200 CD's) and over 400 pictures on there. I have downloaded every demo and downloaded alot of themes etc. I have downloaded some games as well and have 6 movies on there. I have the 60GB HD and at one point I was 5 gigs away from filling it up. I have had to delete some things and take some pics off or big game demo's. Bottom line, you should be fine.

I understood what you said. Wait until the new 80gb comes out. It will be 400$. Some games, like Gran Turismo 5 Prologue have to install so that the load time isnt as long. But that will soon change.

Nah man, get the 40G. Its a lot more smarter to get it. Cuz its not as much as a 80g. You can buy like a 160G harddrive for like 60 bucks, and trust me you wont fill up your harddrive with save files and those things. Just dont go crazy wit the music and vids and demos until you get a seperate harddrve. They arte also really easy to install.

it only fill's up if u download a lot of stuff or put a lot of music on

a 40gb should be enough is u are not going to be doing them other wise get the 80gb

i have no idea what you said, but it doesnt fill up TOO fast. dont worry about it!