this is not a joke and i don't know why i am not being taken seriously. it is important

like i have been asking you guys on mexican american cultural activities and their contributions to texas but y'all think it is a big joke. it isn't. it is for my cultural group project on texas culture. pls tell me the answers. i have gotten really crazy answers....funny.............but not the ones that i am looking for. lol.

also i need to know a prominent mexican american who contributed to texas and the person should not be a musician, actor or a sports figure.

i would also like to know some of the mexican dishes apart from tacos, burittos or tortillas, chilli, nachos, salsa of jalapenos. i want a cultural dish that is incredebly delicious that i can bring to my class for the presentation.

also i need to know the contributions of mexican americans to texas and be serious pls.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

How about Cesar Chavez ?

César Estrada Chávez (March 31, 1927 – April 23, 1993), born in Yuma, Arizona, was an American farm worker, labor leader, and civil rights activist who, with Dolores Huerta, co-founded the National Farm Workers Association, which later became the United Farm Workers.[1] Supporters say his work led to numerous improvements for union laborers. He is hailed as one of the greatest American civil rights leaders. His birthday has become a holiday in eight U.S. states. Many parks, cultural centers, libraries, schools, and streets have been named in his honor in cities across the United States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C%C3%A9sar_Ch%C3%A1ve...

Recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom & the Aguila Azteca

Cesar Estrada Chavez founded and led the first successful farm workers' union in U.S. history. When he passed away on 23 April 1993, he was president of the United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO

Cesar was born March 31, 1927, on the small farm near Yuma, Arizona that his grandfather homesteaded during the 1880's. At age 10, life began as a migrant farm worker when his father lost the land during the Depression. These were bitterly poor years for Cesar, his parents, brothers and sisters. Together with thousands of other displaced families, the Chavez family migrated throughout the Southwest, laboring in fields and vineyards. Cesar left school after the eighth grade to help support his family.

He joined the U.S. Navy in 1945, and served in the western Pacific during the end of World War II. In 1948, he married Helen Fabela, who he met while working in Delano vineyards. The Chavez family settled in the East San Jose barrio of Sal Si Puedes (get out if you can).

In 1952, Cesar was laboring in apricot orchards outside San Jose when he met Fred Ross, an organizer for the Community Service Organization, a barrio-based self-help group sponsored by Chicago-based Saul Alinsky's Industrial Areas Foundation. Within several months Cesar was a full-time organizer with CSO, coordinating voter registration drives, battling racial and economic discrimination against Chicano residents and organizing new CSO chapters across California and Arizona

Recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom & the Aguila Azteca

Cesar Estrada Chavez founded and led the first successful farm workers' union in U.S. history. When he passed away on 23 April 1993, he was president of the United Farm Workers of America, AFL-CIO

Cesar was born March 31, 1927, on the small farm near Yuma, Arizona that his grandfather homesteaded during the 1880's. At age 10, life began as a migrant farm worker when his father lost the land during the Depression. These were bitterly poor years for Cesar, his parents, brothers and sisters. Together with thousands of other displaced families, the Chavez family migrated throughout the Southwest, laboring in fields and vineyards. Cesar left school after the eighth grade to help support his family.

He joined the U.S. Navy in 1945, and served in the western Pacific during the end of World War II. In 1948, he married Helen Fabela, who he met while working in Delano vineyards. The Chavez family settled in the East San Jose barrio of Sal Si Puedes (get out if you can).

In 1952, Cesar was laboring in apricot orchards outside San Jose when he met Fred Ross, an organizer for the Community Service Organization, a barrio-based self-help group sponsored by Chicago-based Saul Alinsky's Industrial Areas Foundation. Within several months Cesar was a full-time organizer with CSO, coordinating voter registration drives, battling racial and economic discrimination against Chicano residents and organizing new CSO chapters across California and Arizona

http://clnet.ucla.edu/research/chavez/bio/

Are you happy now Dude?

• Rocky
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

Obviously you are online, therefore you have access to Google. Everything you want to know is right there!

Google: Famous Mexican Americans Texas

Google: Mexican recipes with pictures

Google: Contributions Texas Mexican Americans

Even if you get good answers from people, you should at least verify the information for accuracy. It's YOUR project.

• Anonymous
    4 years ago

women can vote at present, women can artwork and get equivalent pay for a similar activity at present. truthfully, there is particularly no situation that feminists have that even comes on the brink of a few thing of the cost of international warming. Feminist isn't an altruistic stream it particularly is a self-activity stream.

• km&g
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

You probably aren't getting very many answers, because a lot of people don't know. Google!

Dude above me, wikipedia is not a credible source.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

Go to Education (in Answers) there is a section there exclusively for Homework Help.

• 1 decade ago

They have improved the economy by proving better services at a lower cost.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Hmmm...your project, your assignment, you have Internet access...hey, I have an idea! You do your own work!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.