Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 1 decade ago

9th grade and 10th grade math transfer problems

hi its my first time posting and im really scared...im in homeschool at the moment and im transfering to high school in a few days i have all my 9th grade classes finished expect math im only half way done with it, will i be able to transfer to 10th grade and finish my 9th grade math in high school?

Favorite Answer

It is probably dependent on the school - but I am a high school teacher and at our school we don't put students in a class just because of their grade level. Most schools at the secondary level are all about credits - so you could have three 11th graders - one that is right on track taking all junior year classes, one that is behind taking some 11th grade classes and some 10th grade (or even 9th grade) classes and then the third one that has done advance work and is taking 12th grade classes. I'm a math teacher, we don't have our math separated into 9th grade math, 10th grade math, etc...it is Algebra I, Geometry, Algebra II, etc... Algebra I is mostly for 9th graders - but I had a little of every grade in there. So long story short, you should be fine - you'll probably be in all the typical 10th grade classes but then in the math class that most 9th graders are in, but you won't be alone as the only upperclassman and you should be able to catch up with your classmates without too much trouble.

Q a million - first factor to confirm is how lots water is interior the basin . that's 3/4 of 12 litres , so as that's 9 litres , yeah ? now take the water interior the basin faraway from that interior the pail , so as that's 30 litres much less 9 = 21 litres , maximum appropriate ? now say what fraction 21 is of the unique 30 ? twenty-one thirtieths is the respond , 21/30, = 7/10ths . Q 2 and 3 require you to find worry-unfastened denominators for the two the fractions and then divide those into the full . you initiate like this . The fractions for the stamps are in Eighths (community ) and Thirds (distant places ) , O ok ? so multiply those together , 8 x 3 = 24 , maximum appropriate ? now , substitute the eighths into 24ths , so as that's 3 eighths , situations 3 , = 9 twentyfourths , maximum appropriate ? and now the thirds the comparable , substitute them into 24ths too , -- so as that's one 0.33 , situations 8 = 8 twentyfourths maximum appropriate ? So we now comprehend that there are 9 community stamps for each 8 distant places ones , sure ? with basically sixty 8 in there , you're able to do something ! 4 eights are 32 and four nines are 36 , 36 +32 = sixty 8 , that's the full you want so there are 32 distant places stamps in there . Q 3 works the comparable way , discover the worry-unfastened denominator between women and men ( 24ths back ! ) so which you're able to try this , following the series of little sums above . Write it down line by employing line so which you dont wander away . Q 4 is actual an hassle-free one . you upload the 5 secs to the ten secs , making 15 secs finished . there are 60 secs in a minute , so as that series of noise/no noise is going 4 situations a minute , maximum appropriate ? Now basically multiply that up . 60 minutes in an hour , so as that's 60 x 4 = 240 , maximum appropriate ? And back , 3 hours , so as that's 240 x 3 = 720 . the horn sounds 720 situations interior the three hours .