Creation Vs. Evolution. What do you think

I'm a Pentecostal Christian, so i firmly believe that God created the earth and man.

Genesis 1:1 says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." There follows some of the details. This includes the creation of things on days one, two and three and living creatures on days three, five and six.

i am senior in high school, so yes i have taken decent science classes but i dont agree with the theory of evolution, no where in my Bible does it say that we evolved from chimps.

Favorite Answer

evolution has been proven beyond reasonable doubt.

• Jess H

Your Bible also says that bats are birds, and that pi is 3, so are you going to deny that those are wrong and stubbornly insist...ooops, I mean "firmly believe" they are fact, too? If not, WHY not? That's what your Bible says. And if you're willing to accept that bats are not birds and pi is not 3 despite the fact that your Bible CLEARLY says they are, then why have such a problem with evolution?

You only deny evolution because you've been brainwashed into refusing to accept it, not because there is a lack of evidence for it. If your church was telling you that scientists were lying when they told you that bats are not birds, then you would refuse to believe that they are not birds, too. You need to ask yourself why you have no problem accepting science in some places, even when it contradicts the Bible, but then cherry-pick other places and say you don't believe it because it contradicts the Bible.

The short answer is that nobody knows how the Earth came into being, but 3,000 years ago, when Genesis was written, they didn't have the benefit of science......

Do you fly? Why? Where does it mention aeroplanes in the Bible? Cars? Trains?

It has been scientifically proven that all animals adapt to environmental conditions over time. This is evolution.

A science which simply did not exist when Genesis was written.

Evolution does not discuss how the earth came to be, only how life, once it exists, changes.

Any "debate" that does not recognise this is not a debate.

Edit: Re: Your additional details. I do not believe you are a senior in High school if that is what you learned evolution meant. If you are, I am sorry that your school failed you.

Evolution is a belief system... a religion of the secular humanists. No verifiable evidence has come out of over 148 years of searching since Darwin published his book. There is a tremendous amount of data collected, and from all that the only conclusions are those that have been jumped to.

The way you talk it sounds just like you came out of the Orwell novel "1984". Why would the party (religion) lie to us? Everything the party says is true, even if the evidence says otherwise.

War is peace!

Freedom is slavery!

Ignorance is strength!

I am sure that in newspeak we won't have to worry about these contradictions religion, oops I mean the party has with reality.

• ssrvj

Hindu Religion 2000 years earlier to Christianity says:- First Fish (in sea water)-then Turtle(amphibian)--then Ham(Land Animal)--Lion(King of Animals)--then Dwarf(Pygmies)--then well developed humans -Rama.Krishna,---indirectly Hinduism appears to promote "Evolution' only.

The doctrine of evolution of human beings is rebirth and not from monkey. Wrong actions and desires cause rebirth, which we are not aware of previous one.

SOUL is for ever freed from compulsory reincarnation

The bible is wrong

It says the Earth is older than the Sun. It says plants were put on this planet before the Sun was made

You believe in that nonsense because you have never taken a basic science class, or if you did you probably did not understand any of it

I believe in evolution...but I'm not completely closed to the idea that a god created the world via the big bang and evolution.

I have a functioning brain.

I seek knowledge and education.

I know there is mountains of proof that evolution is fact.

I know there is zero proof that the buy-bull is fact.

I also believe that God was the catalyst for life. I know there is no proof of that either.