Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 decade ago

havinig trouble spelling some words can you help me find a free spell checker

spell checker

• ijc
    Favorite Answer

Most computers have a word processor which generally has a spell checker as part of that program. If you have Microsoft Word it is located under tools.

Online at http://www.spellcheck.net/ you can copy and paste words or phrases and it will check your spelling. There are others and some that you can download. Run a search for free spell check.

Hmm. I use Firefox as my browser. It has a built in spell checker and underlines any words it doesn't understand that I type in text boxes (like the one for this answer).

For instance, it didn't understand "Hmm". When I right click on the underlined word, several options of words it thought I meant to type pop up. I can pick one and it will replace it.

In this case, I really did mean to type "Hmm." so I left it alone.

If you worry about using a browser other than Internet Explorer, I can tell you the Firefox is awesome. There are some sites that it doesn't like, but there is an add-on tool for Firefox called IE Tab. I just use that to view pages that give Firefox trouble and it works great.

With a built in spell checker :D

Links below in sources.

Dictionary.com

Even if you spell the word wrong it'll give you suggestions.

;)

difficult factor. lookup onto yahoo or google. just that can assist!