Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 decade ago

What kind of clothing is appropriate for going to a Broadway play?

Favorite Answer

A nice pair of black dress pants, heels, a pretty v-neck blouse (white), a choker of pearls. I would assume you are going to be dining either before or after so, you may want to take a jacket or cardigan sweater. Don't forget to get your manicure ahead of time. Have your make up on and a spritz of your favorite cologne and Wa-La, you're ready for Broadway. Enjoy ;)

• keiko

Something you would wear to church unless it is a big deal - opening night, special performance, then something dressier. Make it something with a jacket you can remove because you will be either too hot or too cold. Make it something you are comfortable in when sitting and won't be a problem when you are crammed together in the lobby during intermission.

One thing I've done (I can't remember what I wore to the 2 Broadway plays I attended years ago) is to do one of these: If you are young, you can dress young - but covered up. If you are out of town, you can dress like a tourist - but covered up.

A cute cocktail dress. Best if you go in black. So, I'd say, a "little black dress" would do. Like this one:

http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=1834&it...

And a nice shawl to put over it.

Have fun at Broadway!

Same thing you would wear to a baptist church...look classy and hot and never forget your ethnic identity!! I think a hat would look cute on you to wear outside.

Source(s): have fun, eskimo kisses
  • Lucy

Lucky! I've never been to one, but I would say when in doubt, go with the "little black dress".

Black tie or cocktail attire.

Do not wear a hat.

something topless