my screen is purple!

my screen has turned completely purple! i checked the color control it is on white! i checked to make sure it was not the monitor and it is not! what should i do! i will post a vid soon

Favorite Answer

Time for a new monitor. Getting it fixed will cost you more than buying a new one.

• Ark

is it flickering at all? or is it just purple?

i had a similar problem where my monet turned green but it was also flickering and some other things.

right click and click on resolution or personalize then display setting if you have vista. and check if your resolution is correct if it is then hit advanced settings click on the moniter tab and make sure you have 60hertz as your refresh rate. it'll differ between operating systems

if none of that works its could be hardware related and you might need to get a new moniter.

Have a large magnet anywhere near by? Maybe in something like a speaker/subwoofer. This could cause a serious discoloration.