Apocalypto asked in SportsBasketball · 1 decade ago

Does anyone else think that NBA players are not good enough for the International game?

I don't think NBA players are good enough to play in the olympics or other major competitions. All they know is to dunk and drive to the basket they don't have no real team play and soon they'll go to Europe to get better. They got torched in 04' and 06' and they'll get spanked again this year!

England invented soccer it doesn't that dominate the sport, Germany invented Handball they don't dominate that sport, Canada invented Hockey same think again, I believe a Scottish man invented golf and they don't dominate. So you inventing Basketball don't mean squat.

Favorite Answer

dude are u serious? the nba has players from all different countries...most coming from the usa...because the nba is the best basketball leage in the world. the usa had only lost 2 or 3 games cant remember which in international play until a few years ago. they've won it more times than any other country. ever heard of the us dream team? unbelievable talent on one team. in 04 and 06 the usa didnt lose because they werent 'good enough' they lost because there was no team chemistry. now since they have been playing together for 3 years and have one of the best basketball teams ever put together by one of the greatest basketball coaches of all time...coach k...a gold medal is almost certain.

Well NBA players are definitely good enough for the game but its hard to get the right ones. The US Olympic committee is most likely being pressured by ignorant fans and the NBA to put the most hyped up names of the NBA on the international stage to promote sales. We could easily put 5 Stars and 5 Role players and get the result of Gold. But the committee wants to try to duplicate the Dream Team but it can never do that. Just look what Australia showed against the US, that they are vulnerable. Their are better teams than Australia in the Olympics so watch out Team USA.

• greg

the usa team has more talent than any team in the world, they dont even have all the best talent in the nba either. they just packed it in with scorers who are guards and sfs. if melo were to play pf in the nba, he would get killed. they dont have role players on their team, nobody on that team is used to being a role player besides prince. i bet the celtics would win gold or the pistons. cant say the spurs or lakers, since their big pieces on the team play for other countries.

i also dont think the coaching staff for team usa is even good.

coach k is an overrated college coach who would not do squat in the nba. dantonio is the most overrated nba coach, he suddenly becomes a great coach as soon as nash arrives alogn with amare and marion, what a coincidence.

ok, i never want to here about this again. NBA players are the strongest, fastest, most talented players in the world period. If we can't compete with the Europeans, why can't they come over here and play (with the exception of Dirk Nowitzki, who is way overated). The Europeans do play a diffrent game, but guess what, the 2nd best team in the world is greece, good luck to ya Europe, see you in the finals, but you have no chance now that America takes this little warmup league seriously.

• what?

well team usa is certainly talented enough. but come on. the nba players play 82 games and thats not including the playoffs. their season is much longer than the european guys' season. and team usa has no cohesiveness you cant just throw a bunch of players together and say go win gold. you need chemistry and team work. if team usa trains together for a year like what the other national teams do, then they would dominate everyone.

please,this team is a real team in fact i say they will win the gold medal and as far as getting torched ya it happed when you got ppl jacking shots up left and right in games and not even playing as a team

But this team with

Kobe,Wade,Bosh,James,Howard,kidd,paul,willams,and countless others has gold written all over it

Take in to account that they so far are undefeded thru there tuneup games.But we both know they will run thru the Games and the gold comes back to were it belongs....

and as far as players goign overseas to play its easy to get them when there is no cap to stop bidding wars

Just be nice okay. I love my country and want it to do well. That is one thing we have in common. I just get sick of all the America bashers who insult my country every chance they get. I didn't mean to insult you either. Even though I am American I have German, English, Irish, French and Danish ancestry in me. So sorry.

• i think that is the most retarted thing i've seen on yahoo answers. we are the best in the world, and now europe's too good for us? go read a book

what are you talking about. Explain why they were undefeated in the exibtion games.

yeah maybe some are not built for it ...but the team they got this year is one of the best they clda put together....they wont get spank this year..specially when they have kobe..aka the doberman lockin cats down.......they wont loose..."i'll put my LIFE on it"...ya digg.......