Help me with Toilet Training???

My 3 1/2 yr old son is now learning to be potty trained to poop. he learned to pee on the toilet, and is now finally pooping too. But I have a question? - when he tells me he needs to poop, I take him to the toilet, pull his pants down, and sit him on there to poop. Should I stay there with him or can i leave him in there to do his business, because it gets stinky. Also, how do i teach him to wipe his own poopy butt after he uses the toilet??

Favorite Answer

My kids like privacy and ask me to leave. It helped my kids to put toilet paper over the water to stop splashing and I used a very safe and secure stool with sides for the toilet so they could hold on the entire time. http://www.amazon.com/Elite-Child-Corporation-TPS-...

This stool made all the difference for them and I can't imagine training without it. For wiping I use the wet wipes(but don't flush them) Hope this helps.

All kids are different, some are a bit scared to poo so they want you to stay, others want their privacy. Ask him what it is he wants... eventually he will probably choose to have you leave, but he might feel safer with you around if he's just getting used to it. my first daughter wanted me to leave but stay - i ended up hiding behind the shower curtain hahah!

As for wiping, you could explain it to him as you wipe, tell him exactly what the purpose is (to get a clean bottom), etc. Then, have him try it on his own and you can check to make sure he's done it properly. I have a 4 yr old and I sometimes still have to clean her up after a good #2!

Why do not you are taking the padded seat from your rest room and inform her she's a large woman now and that it is just for child's simply finding out to head. This means if you happen to cross out in public it's going to make it less difficult or take a look at whilst you cross into searching centres if you happen to cross to the moms room as a substitute of the typical bathrooms so much have little infant bathrooms and this may increasingly support as good.