Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 decade ago

why cant i insert a tampon?

i was tryin to insert a tampon i tried a few times but it just wouldnt go.

how do u insert a tampon?

Best Answer

Sit or stand in a comfortable position. Some women prefer to place one leg on the toilet seat or tub, while others prefer to squat down. After you find a position that is most comfortable for you, hold the tampon with the fingers that you write with. Hold the middle of the tampon, at the spot where the smaller, inner tube inserts into the larger, outer tube. Make sure the string is visible and pointing away from your body.

With your other hand, open the labia (the folds of skin around the vaginal opening) and position the tampon in the vaginal opening. (See picture 1 below).

Gently push the tampon into the opening, aiming for the small of your back. Stop when your fingers touch your body and the applicator, or outer tube, is completely inside the vagina. (See picture 2 below).

Once the applicator or outer tube is inside of you, use your index finger to push the inner tube (the tube where the removal string is visible) through the outer tube. This pushes the tampon into the vagina.

Once the inner tube is all the way in, use your thumb and middle finger to remove the applicator or outer tube. (See picture 3 below). Make sure that the string hangs outside of the vaginal opening. Later, when you are ready to remove the tampon, hold the string and gently pull it downward until the entire tampon is out.

relax & use a bit of lubricant on the tip of the tampon if you need to, also, depending on how old u are ur hymn might still be intacted making it harder to use a tampon

good luck

hey(:

here are my steps to inserting a tampon:

1. find a comfortable position. my most

comfortable on is squatting above the toilet

seat. (just bend your knees a little). you can also

sit or put one leg up on the toilet seat.

2. slide the applitcator so that your fingers

are touching your skin. (if you dont

push it in far enough itll stick out & hurt badly.

thats what i did)

3. slowly start inserting the tampon by

pressing on the end of the applicator.

4. once the tampon is fully released,

pull the applicator out, either wrap it up in

toilet paper or put it back in its wrapper &

throw it away.

5. REMOVAL: when you are ready to remove

the tampon (usually 3-4 hours later, depending

on your flow & absorbancy level of the tampon)

use the position you used to start with. slowly

pull the string attached to the tampon & throw

the tampon into the toilet or wrap it in toilet

paper & throw it away.

thats all ive got but if you nave any

questions contact me at malpiszon94@yahoo.com

hope this helped,

good luck,

ciao!

it could be that you are trying too hard. as silly as it sounds relaxing makes it easier. try putting a leg up on the side of the bath or something like that. it is never easy for anyone the first time.

in the box there will be a little booklet with instructions and diagrams, these should help you out.

its worth it in the end haha.

Source(s): 17 year old female

Try an applicator tampon as they are easier to use, try to relax and use some KY or other lubricating jelly. Good luck, I remember how painful it was when I started using them, but I've been using them for over 17 years now.

I have the same problem, maybe you're vaginal entrance are to small. That's what I reckon the answer is with me. I hate wearing sanitary pads but I don't really have another option.

Read the instructions carefully. What helps is if you put one foot on the toilet and then try to insert it.

First: get in a comfortable position.

Next: Find your vaginal hole which is the middle one.(your hole where you pee out of is too small and its between flaps and your butt hole...well you should know where that is.)

Next: Hold the aplicator by its grooves.

Next: while relaxing push it in slowly untill your hand feels skin.(because your holding the tampon with your fingers.)

Next: Push the little plunger slowly untill the plunger is halfway in the tube.

Next:Slowly pull the aplicator out.

Final: Wrap up the aplicator and throw it away.

Remember to relax!

Hope this helps!

Source(s): i have used tampons.

You should read the instruction booklet that comes with every pack if it's your first time using them. It tells you to relax and maybe put one foot up on the loo seat or the side of the bath.

You may be tensing too much which closes off the way in and doesn't let you insert it.

If you relax and stil can't get it in then read over the box to check your doing it right...otherwise...speak to a doctor.

ahh!

it hurts soo badly

my first time doing it was last summer in august

i wanted to do it for school so i didnt have to walk around in a pad and feel like im wearing a diaper. doesnt help that i have to change in gym too.

well you just push it into your vag. but it will hurt so you have to hold your legs open. it will probably hurt the first time you walk with it in or pull it out (everytime you pull it out for the next month or so it will hurt!)

but after your first time putting it in. it will be alot easier! it wont hurt!

and if you put it in right.. you wont beable to feel it when you walk so it seems like you dont even have your period!

it takes a bit of practice u'll get it... it's funny i think i've over practised with mine because i even lost it once inside me, i couldn't reach it with anything. It came out the next day!