Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 decade ago

Proof: Corruption in the New Testament

In my previous question I asked about Muhammad and Solomon's wives the majority of responses I got was the Bible is corrupted. But the evidence brought forward was to the contrary and did not prove to me one bit that those verses were modified.

However if Muslims would like to show Christians that the bible is indeed corrupted. I strongly advice they use these verses instead.

Matthew 18:11

Matthew 17:21

Matthew 23:14

Mark 7:16

Mark 9:44

Mark 9:46

Mark 11:26

Mark 15:28

Luke 23:17

John 5:4

Acts 8:37

Acts 28:29

Romans 16:24

Psalm 12:6-7

Matthew 24:35

Luke 4:4

Psalm 11:3

Now if you go to this website: http://www.biblegateway.com/ and put in one of these verses it will not show up in the NIV version (this is the version used at the start of the site). Then switch over to the King James version and what you know? the verse has magically appears!

Just to show I am not lying I will show you a example.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthe... 18:11 &version=31

Matthew 18:11 unavailable on the NIV version.

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthe... 18:11 ;&version=9;

Matthew 118:11 available on the King James version.

This definitive proof that the Bible has been corrupted.

Responses?

Update:

Ignore Psalm 11:3 and 12:6-7

Update 2:

I do!. You have not seen mine fundamental Christian neighbors.

Update 3:

Islam is more logical than Christianity. Non the less I am Atheist and plan to keep it that way

Update 4:

ManInBlack you pointed out the ISV version. Please remind were in my question I talked about the ISV version? I clearly indicated that these numerous verses cannot be found in the NIV version.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Y!A
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago
    Best Answer

thats really good, thank you and, تخيل أنه لا إله إلا الله

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Here are some examples from REAL Bibles...I will use your first example:

Bishops Bible...1400's

Mat 18:11 For the sonne of man, is come to saue that which was lost.

Geneva Bible...1587

Mat 18:11 For the Sonne of man is come to saue that which was lost.

King James...1611

Mat 18:11 For the sonne of man is come to saue that which was lost.

English Standard Version...present

Mat 18:11 For the Son of Man came to save the lost.

OOOOH WOW...AND LOOK AT THIS!

ISV (International Standard Version)

Mat 18:11 For the Son of Man came to save the lost.

So, there you go...either you are wrong or you are a liar. Perhaps you should do a bit more research next time. The verses you speak of ARE THERE in the ISV. Maybe you should take the time to read what you wish to criticize before you criticize it or else at least use a reliable website.

All of the following from the ISV:

Mat 17:21 But this kind does not come out except by prayer and fasting."

Mat 23:14 How terrible it will be for you, scribes and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You devour widows' houses and say long prayers to cover it up. Therefore, you will receive greater condemnation!

Mar 7:16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him listen!"

Mar 9:44 In that place, worms never die, and the fire is never put out.

Mar 9:46 In that place, worms never die, and the fire is never put out.

Mar 11:26 But if you do not forgive, your Father in heaven will not forgive your sins."

Mar 15:28 Then the Scripture was fulfilled that says, "He was counted with criminals."

Luk 23:17 Now he was obligated to release someone for them at the festival.

Joh 5:4 For at certain times an angel of the Lord would go down into the pool and stir up the water. And the one who stepped in first after the stirring of the water was healed of whatever disease he had.

Act 8:37 Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." He replied, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God."

Act 28:29 When he had said these words, the Jews left, arguing intensely among themselves.

Rom 16:24 May the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with all of you!

Psalms 12:6-7...IS OLD TESTAMENT. ISV IS GOSPEL ONLY. NO TORAH.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear."

Luk 4:4 Jesus answered him, "It is written, 'One must not live on bread alone, but on every word of God.'"

Psalms 11:3 ...IS OLD TESTAMENT. ISV IS GOSPEL ONLY. NO TORAH.

If you want to study Christianity and try to find flaws then at least get a real Bible...you can downlad an excellent program from esword. They have all versions dating back to the Latin Vulgate and even further. And guess what? It hasn't changed. Have a nice day.

P.S. The ISV is really a questionable translation of the Bible such as the questionable Quran (Furqan or whatever they call it) which is being handed out in the Middle East. It is a watered-down "international" version intended to make religions less antagonistic towards one another. Never the less...everything you claim not to be there is obviously right there where it's supposed to be.

• 3 years ago

Jesus is a god yet not Almighty God. A son can look like his father and act like his father or maybe represent his father, it particularly is what Jesus did while he got here to Earth. approximately his heavenly Father, Jesus Christ suggested: “i'm a representative from him, and that One despatched me forth.” (John 7:29) additionally John 3:sixteen ,17 says: sixteen “For God enjoyed the international lots that he gave his basically-begotten Son, in order that all of us exercising consultation faith in him would desire to not be destroyed yet have eternal existence. 17 For God despatched forth his Son into the international, not for him to choose the international, yet for the international to be saved by way of him. trouble-free, God despatched his son. they are not a similar. I even have by no ability heard somebody say," I despatched my self some the place to do some thing. That does not make experience.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

If this is a serious question and not just a demonstration of religious feuds, I strongly recommend reading "The Bible: A Biography" by Karen Armstrong. It is a very scientifically precise, yet respectful and understanding book that deals exactly with questions like these - about origins, meanings and versions of Bible from the times it was written until nowadays. I also find Armstrong's view of religious mix nowadays very sensible, since she encourages dialogue and mutual respect and explains away a lot of fanatical claims from all sides.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

what is corruption? corrupting something that was original?

there were no written Gospel from jesus or his deciples. no body saw a certain document for Gospel of jesus.

but people like matthew luke etc are saying Jesus was preaching an injeel. and they wrote or from them some body wrote about those Gospel.

this also dont have copy in its original language. jesus spoke aramaic, and nobody wrote a book in this language on what jesus spoke to people.

why should we worry on some thing that never existed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

Well I still don't get it , Why u really care to show Islam is the perfect one if Ur an atheist .

Any way thank u /

And its true that the new -old testament,Gospel ,bible etc.. are all corrupted.

Islam is Perfect and i still believe that deep inside u Knows Islam is the right path.

May Allah Guide u , Inshallah.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

who cares????

God is not in any book... There is no way to describe God using words. Any attempt falls short and is completely under-serving God. And us..

God is in your heart and in the energy that flows through all things... but even that falls way to short

• 1 decade ago

lol wow that is not proof that the bible is corrupted.

it means the NIV is corrupted

• 1 decade ago

it proves that all religious books (including the koran) was written by people and not gods

ex muslim girl

• hewray
    Lv 6
    1 decade ago

TALK-ING SNAKES

RIB WOMEN

-RIB-

Nothing in the bible can be taken seriously

A WOMAN MADE OUT OF A FRICKIN' RIB

WWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.