Why do I exist? Does it matter that I live?

First of all, I'm not suicidal This is more a quest for finding my place in life, and this is a common philosophical question. Please, no smart answers. Thank you
Update: I knew what my role was 5 years ago--I was a caregiver, first for my grandmother, then for my mom. Now, there's no one to care for, and I feel a little lost. I devoted my whole life to the exclusion of other interests, isolated myself from the world. Then I found myself alone. This is not a sob story, just... show more I knew what my role was 5 years ago--I was a caregiver, first for my grandmother, then for my mom. Now, there's no one to care for, and I feel a little lost. I devoted my whole life to the exclusion of other interests, isolated myself from the world. Then I found myself alone. This is not a sob story, just something I'm working through. Thanks for the great answers.