Need help with formating my hard drive.....

I know this sounds lame, i mean how hard is it to format a hard drive, ive done it many times before, but this time its different. Upon finishing the first part of the formating, where the files are collected, the computer rebooted as it should, but rather than booting into the next stage of the formating (were i... show more I know this sounds lame, i mean how hard is it to format a hard drive, ive done it many times before, but this time its different. Upon finishing the first part of the formating, where the files are collected, the computer rebooted as it should, but rather than booting into the next stage of the formating (were i input the computer name and, admin passwords, time, etc..), the computer rebooted again, and this continued to happen for about 1 hour until i pulled the plug (basically the computer was stuck in a loop).
I am formatting into XP.
Update: What are you saying jr0?? I just told you that this errror happened after i put the boot cd and booted it and did the whole formating process....