Tips for Running Away?

Okay, first off I don't want any responses telling me not to go. And yes, I know that I am going to get responses like that but some people actually do understand my position and WILL give me tips. Now, me and three of my friends are going. The only thing is two of my friends are 2 years younger than me and my... show more Okay, first off I don't want any responses telling me not to go. And yes, I know that I am going to get responses like that but some people actually do understand my position and WILL give me tips.
Now, me and three of my friends are going. The only thing is two of my friends are 2 years younger than me and my best friend. They want to go with us but we're not sure if we should bring them. This is what we want to do and we know there are predators out there and all. Basically, we're running away to find ourselves and a different way of life. Because ours isn't working out at all. And we know where we are going....New York. So any tips on budgeting, items to bring, precautions...other than the obvious, tips in general. Please respond, the four of us plan to leave soon!