fishlover(: asked in PetsFish · 1 decade ago

female beta and goldfish tank?

i just got a female betta and was wondering if i can put her in with my goldfish? none of them seem real aggresive..good idea?

Update:

i just put in her in so,

petstore said she'll be fine(:

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

not a good idea, first goldfish and bettas are not compatible.

its your choice by the time you will notice your goldfish will have fin tear. It will make the petstore profitable.

kOi keeper & goldfish keeper.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Goldfish and bettas are not compatible. Goldfish are very dirty fish that produce a lot of waste and therefore a lot of ammonia in their water which is very bad for a betta. They are also coldwater fish that prefer much cooler water while a betta is a tropical fish that does much better at warmer temperatures. Bettas are territorial and don't like to share their space while goldfish are slow moving, large schooling fish that won't want to get out of the betta's way. Basically they are a bad, bad mix.

Source(s): Long time fishkeeper & pro guppy breeder
  • Akeath
    Lv 7
    1 decade ago

The water conditions are too different. Gold fish like cold water. Betta like tropical, 78 or so, way too hot for a gold fish. Gold fish like high pH, Betta like neutral to low. Gold fish like high current, but that can terrorize the low/no current Betta. Same situation with aeration. Gold fish are a hard water fish, while Betta are a soft water fish. Basically, they have as different needs as they can get and still both be fresh water fish. You simply can't meet both of their needs in the same tank, it doesn't even get to the point where aggression is an issue.

Source(s): Own a lovely Betta in a community tank, and among other websites http://www.ultimatebettas.com/index.php?showtopic=...
  • Erika
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! Please do no longer placed a beta in a tank with the different fish! Even yet another beta! it is going to kill them the 2d it adapts to the tank! in case you have any form of fancy goldfish then the beta will attempt to kill them and the flamboyant goldfish merely isn't waiting to placed up a combat considering they are "style of" fat and lumbering! And in case you have comet or the different style of thin and rapid goldfish then there'll be a "in no way ending" conflict in that tank. So PLEASE do no longer placed them together. i'm hoping that this helped!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

pet store people dont care if your fish live or die...

think about it, if your fish die quickly then youll be right back at the pet store buying new fish for your small bowl or tank.

they wont tell you that your betta needs a 10 gallon tank with a filter and heater.

and your goldfish needs 20 gallons to itself if its a fancy goldfish. and a 40 gallon filter, and no heater.

• 1 decade ago

Hey if you want to see which fish are compatible with bettas check this site: http://www.ratemyfishtank.com/freshwater_compatibi...

And it depends on how the goldfish look, they won't get along at all.

• 1 decade ago

No, they are not compatable they need different water conditions

• 1 decade ago

No. Not a good idea.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.