How do you dispose of carving knifes?

we're getting rid of a few things from the kitchen, but i dont know how to dispose of Carving knifes safely? any ideas

-x-

Best Answer

Recycle....scrap metal.

I never had a chance to dispose them of after I got the one from http://www.knifeindia.com/kitchen/kitchen-knives/s...

You put them in the recycling bin, but you don't wrap them up. The sorters wear gauntlets for saftey. If they can see what they are, they can pull them out and put them in the steel recycling skip.

That's it they will never touch another human hand, it's fully automated from that point.

I would dispose of them at a local police station, you never know where they can end up if you just dump them in the trash.

• golden

Charity Shops,freecycle.co.uk or advertise them free in Friday Ads.co.uk or the equivelent if not in UK

• Take them to your recycling centre and throw them in the metal skip.That is the one for metal.

Clearly you do not suffer from PMT and get on really well with your husband so I would just do what everyone else has advised!

That's thoughtful of you... push the sharp end into a block of styrofoam or something similar. Or duct-tape the points.

wrap in newspaper, and take to your recycle centre

give them to a thrift store, that way you will be recycling, and you can save some money on your taxes, and even if you give them to a thrift store i would still tape them up so no one gets hurt