Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Games & RecreationVideo & Online Games · 1 decade ago

Best RPG Xbox 360, recommendations

Can anybody recomend a really good RPG game for XBOX 360 that has a good story line and a good romance in it? :-) Thanks.

Update:

Oh and I have played Mass Effect.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

Your pretty much stuck on the romance front in RPG's on the xbox. Mass Effect is probably about as close as you'll get to romance in any of them and that was hardly romantic (i tried the conversation option for having them both ;-) ).

As for other RPG's...

Everyone raves about Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion. I struggled to get in to it. But it is massive and great looking and has very few detractors.

Lost Odyssey is a cracking JRPG and the storyline will tug at the heart strings from the get go. Some of the characters can get a little irritating during some of the cut scenes toward the end however and it suffers from niggly frame rate issues and lllloooonnnnggggg load times. It is however the closest thing you will get to playing Final Fantasy on a 360 for quite some time yet and the visuals are stunning. I'd highly recomend checking this one out.

Blue Dragon is the other JRPG from Mist Walker studios and features character and graphic design by Akira Toriyama of Dragonball fame. It looks very cartoony and immerses itself in a very Toriyama style of humour (poo snakes as enemies!!!! and yes they look like little turds). It's a great game witha nice dynamic for entering combat but It's turn based like most traditional JRPG's. It's a cracking game with a nice enough storyline but if toilet hummour isn't for you I'd give it a wide berth.

There are a couple of Square Enix RPG's due to come out soon in the form of Infinite Undiscovery and The Last Remenant that will hopefully fill the gap till the eventual release of Final Fantasy XIII and Fable 2 will also be coming soon.

Hope thats of some help.

p.s. I've also heard nothing but good things about Eternal Sonata but I've struggled to find it at retail.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 1 decade ago

Well this is off your specs, but Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion is a great RPG game for Xbox 360 that you can get many hours of gameplay from. So much to do for a console games. Very fun!

• 1 decade ago

Lost Odyssey

• 1 decade ago

if you want romance then head for mass effect, its integrated into your choices... 3 different romances.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

oblivion

shenmue

bully-if you count it

ffxi online

or the batman mmo for xbox thats coming out soon

• 1 decade ago

oblivion

and fable2 is out soon

mass effect was ok, wasn't it

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.