Jehovah's Witnesses, How many Awake magazines do you have to read to equal a college level education?

Being raised as a Jehovah's Witness child, by two college graduate parents, I was always told that college was a waste of time, energy and a tool of Satan. I was told the end would come before I would even finish school. I was also told that studying the Awake magazines would eventually equal a college level... show more Being raised as a Jehovah's Witness child, by two college graduate parents, I was always told that college was a waste of time, energy and a tool of Satan. I was told the end would come before I would even finish school. I was also told that studying the Awake magazines would eventually equal a college level education. Im 33 now, and for 30 years I read awake magazines. Do I have a college level education? How many Awake magazines does it take??
Update: My parents became witnesses after they graduated college. They thought the great tribulation would start in 1975, and they are still waiting on it to start. They are old now and never thought they would grow old and die. They have health problems, they are tired and still trying to drive 30 miles one way to the... show more My parents became witnesses after they graduated college. They thought the great tribulation would start in 1975, and they are still waiting on it to start. They are old now and never thought they would grow old and die. They have health problems, they are tired and still trying to drive 30 miles one way to the meeting. They never had good jobs so they are still working, to pay bills. When they have a bad month and miss a few meetins due to age, health and tiredness, the Elders come and give them a sheparding call to make them feel guilty. Instead of making them feel good, my mom cries the whole time. There are good people in this religion like my parents, that have so much invested that they could never walk away. If you asked them they would say they are happy, but they are not. Happy people dont cry that much. All cult members say they are happy. Think about it.
Update 2: do you notice how the witnesses avoid the question? They attack me and say that im angry or bitter because i was disfellowshipped, even though they dont even know my status? Im not bitter, i disassociated myself 3 years ago, because i educated myself and freed myself from there mind control. Here is a quote from... show more do you notice how the witnesses avoid the question? They attack me and say that im angry or bitter because i was disfellowshipped, even though they dont even know my status? Im not bitter, i disassociated myself 3 years ago, because i educated myself and freed myself from there mind control. Here is a quote from an Awake! Magazine that I found. Its thinking like this that controled the parents my age.

*** Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15 ***
If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the 'last days' in 1914, Jesus foretold:'This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur.' Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

So was this a false prophecy??
Update 3: My parents quit there jobs that would have paid them pensions and retirement, to be self employeed where they wouldnt have to work with worldly people.
How many janitors, floor waxers, window washers do you know in the hall.