Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsCell Phones & Plans · 1 decade ago

is there any way to effectively fix a broken glass covering

for the blackberry pearl? the screen still works fine, but the glass is cracked. and would it be cost-efficient?

Favorite Answer

If the screen is fine and it's just the glass that is cracked, then you got a big break. Normally when the screen get's damaged, the LCD goes too.

I have worked in the wireless industry for about 5 years now. Most recently for AT&T. I can tell you for sure that the corporate stores will not fix your device. However, there are often small stores who do have techs who can do this.

I live in the Pittsburgh area. Here, we have a place calle$d A&W communications who repairs the glass screen as you need which is fairly inexpensive. (Under $50) They also do LCD's but I would hesitate with that. First of all, it means more money and a lot of times it doesn't work as well as it had before.

I would do a google search for cellphone repair in your area and go from there.. if there is nothing in your area maybe you could even ship it out.

The pearl is a great phone. I don't know what version you have, but the newer ones with the navigation are awesome.

Hope I helped!

-Jess

Source(s): Too much experience hahaha :~P
  • Hugo

Go online and look for an OEM Blackberry housing. Look on ebay. Replace it yourself. I've done this a number of times. The entire housing will set you back about thirty bucks. The faceplate alone goes for around $10. I think that all you need is a T6 screwdriver, a little dexterity and some patience.