Poll: Have you ever been in a CAR CRASH?

Perhaps not a major one, but just a car crash in general...

If so, how bad was it?

Favorite Answer

Yes, and it was frightening because it happened so fast.

I had just had lunch with my sister and she was driving me back to work when we were hit at the left front tire area by a car going about 45 mph. It spun us halfway around, with the car pointed toward a deep drainage ditch.

After making sure my sister was ok, I got a nearby witness to call my dad, who came right away. My sister was crying "Mom's car! Mom's car!" Dad ended up taking us both home to deal with everything.

The car was declared totaled when it was all over but we were not injured.

But realizing how it could have ended, I'm grateful to God that we are both alive and well!

5 total

The worst was a head on with another car back in 1983. This was before seatbelt laws were in place. So, I wasn't buckled up. I got the hub of the steering wheel in the chest and bruised my heart. The only thing that saved me from crushing my heart was that my chin hit the top rim of the steering wheel and pushed it down 6 inches. This slowed my impact with the hub. I spent a week in the hospital on a heart monitor and had stitches on my chin and in my mouth. Today, I wear a seatbelt.

Yes. I was only 6 years old. A girl was talking on her cell phone while driving and didn't stop at a red light. She crashed right into us. When the ambulance came, I was put in an uncomfortable neck brace, even though I was fine.

I have been in several car crashes in my lifetime...

None were serious and none were my fault...

It was always the other guys or gals fault...

Most were fender benders, but my last one 2 years ago really messed up my car and I couldn't drive it any more and I had to get a new one...

Source(s): Drive as though you know the other person will make a mistake...

yeah, I slipped on a gravel road going too fast and hit a phone pole. The passenger side of the car was destroyed. Pretty scary, but I only had a scratch on my leg. I was young and stupid. And very lucky.

I went end over end 7 times, and then started rolling 13 more times. Luckily my two passengers lived.

That's the worst one, the rest were your typical ones. Luckily I grew up.

Source(s): All from traveling 175 MPH

Yes some guy hit me and i spun around into oncomming traffic but they stopped. Not to bad I was just shook up but at peace because I have a relationship with God.

I have been in two car accidents. One was a minor fender bender, and the other one, another car sideswiped the car I was in, and this happened on my birthday.

• Shut down a major expressway for two hours.

Four times. They hit us... LOL! Bad luck much? I don't know. >.< Uhm not so bad there was damage.. One time going to the airport, and it was bad, two cars rammed into our car. My ankle got f*cked up and hurt sooo badly LOL!!! Yeaaah..