KonGo asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 decade ago

Do you like to read history books? If so what kind, novel, comic book, primary sources etc. If not, why not?

Just curious. I'd like to know why people ask questions in this forum, instead of googling for the info or going to the library and reading 4 or 5 books and a few magazine articles for their term papers.

Appreciate the response. Not sure things have changed much, I think this is a great forum for people to ask questions.

• Doc
    Favorite Answer

The only question I've officially asked on Answers was in regard to the first Zeppelin to bomb London. I was looking for it's dimensions and any existing photos. The English (after the war) took on one as their own and renamed it, using it as a luxury liner. Try "googling" that. There is very little info and of the only two photos found, one shows very little and the other shows it as a pile of charred scrap having been shot down. Not much help.

Source(s): BA in History

Perhaps some other people who ask questions here, like myself are almost computer illiterate and don't know how to do a web search or google answers. I hated history with a passion when I was in school and could see no possible benifits in learning it. Now in my old age and having read manny, manny books written with a historical background sutch as larry McMurphy's series not only have I become somewhat intrested in it and learned some American history but that's about all.Perhaps history teacher who thought God was on vacation and had left them in charge is the reason

Source(s): Lifes expierences
  • Randy

I primarily use books which are written by serious historians. In my personal library I have in excess of 3,000 reference books, a large segment of which are books that are more than 75 years old. During that period perspectives have changed. I also have a large number of books which are authoritative copies of older books such as the 5 volume set of the "Debates on the Adoption of teh federal Constitution" as Edited by Elliot.

I believe that in part the answer to your question is that a growing segment of the population is not use to doing their own research.

Truce Crime Horror Astrology And something by Tom Robbins. confident, probable. i think if i replaced right into a god-fearing chick i'd be swayed nicely far off from all the above. Tome Robbins isn't precisely PG. Edit* astounding! My first TR e book replaced into nonetheless existence With Woodpecker. It replaced into the clarification I smoked Camel Filters for see you later.