tap dance solo music

I'm trying to come up with music for my tap solo, and I'm considering these:

Geek in the Pink - Jason Mraz

From Me to You - Bobby McFerrin

Lady Madonna - Beatles

Comments/suggestions are much appreciated... especially if you have more song ideas. Thank you!

• Jay B
    Favorite Answer

I've danced tap for years and I always find myself drawn to Bobby McFerrin. I enjoy his playful musicality & that works really well with tap dancing. It's like you can almost weave together the a capella sounds and taps. They don't fight each other, but yet compliment instead. I like how he doesn't hesitate to take a break in his songs and let the scatting do the work. Just like you can let the tapping do the work. "From Me to You" is a great song.

Oh! When Savion Glover came to my hometown to do a show, I specifically remember him using a Bobby McFerrin song. He used it more like a call and response routine, the music would call, his taps would respond, he even got the audience involved. I love Savion.

Hope this helps!

Source(s): I'm a dancer - 19 years

Slap That Bass--- Shall We Dance Steppin' Out With My Baby--- Easter Parade Puttin' On The Ritz--- Blue Skies Broadway Melody Ballet---Singin' In The Rain( please note that don't dance it all for this one because after the solo then you need someone else to dance with you. And it's not ballet although it's named " Ballet" . ) I also know a good tap-dancing solo but I don't know what it's called. It's probably from the movie HOLIDAY INN and after the song Song Of Freedom. Fred Astaire danced it. Ask the other Yahoo! members! It's doesn't matter if it doesn't have lyrics, right? You only need the dance. You no need to worry if it isn't interesting anymore because Astaire ( and Astaire was a famous professionist, right? ) just danced as good. Remember to bring some firecrackers with you. It makes the dance more dazzling, exciting and lively than ever. Good luck for your solo! :]

• Ms_G

i like lady madonna,....but how about~ karma chameleon by boy george~ if i think of any more i'll let ya know.

best of luck to you!