DEATH OF A GHOSTHUNTER - was there really a Carter Simms or Masterson haunted house?

I just saw this film, which claims it is based on the death of this ghost hunter in 2002 but I can't find any info on it. I was really curious whether this story is based on the read death of this ghost hunter or just made up b.s. like Blairwitch Project? If it is based on a 'real' story, I would love links or... show more I just saw this film, which claims it is based on the death of this ghost hunter in 2002 but I can't find any info on it. I was really curious whether this story is based on the read death of this ghost hunter or just made up b.s. like Blairwitch Project? If it is based on a 'real' story, I would love links or where we could see actual footage of the house, which was supposedly catching ghosts on the film. just curious, thanks!!
Update: This is the same info I came across, the movie SAYS it is about this story, but I can't come across ANYTHING yet that shows it was a real person/place. The movie is really creepy. I kinda think it is totally fiction, but if it were based on something that supposedly happened (like Amittiville) I would be... show more This is the same info I came across, the movie SAYS it is about this story, but I can't come across ANYTHING yet that shows it was a real person/place. The movie is really creepy. I kinda think it is totally fiction, but if it were based on something that supposedly happened (like Amittiville) I would be interested in finding out about the real footage.