DEATH OF A GHOSTHUNTER - was there really a Carter Simms or Masterson haunted house?

I just saw this film, which claims it is based on the death of this ghost hunter in 2002 but I can't find any info on it. I was really curious whether this story is based on the read death of this ghost hunter or just made up b.s. like Blairwitch Project? If it is based on a 'real' story, I would love links or where we could see actual footage of the house, which was supposedly catching ghosts on the film. just curious, thanks!!

This is the same info I came across, the movie SAYS it is about this story, but I can't come across ANYTHING yet that shows it was a real person/place. The movie is really creepy. I kinda think it is totally fiction, but if it were based on something that supposedly happened (like Amittiville) I would be interested in finding out about the real footage.

Favorite Answer

To those that believe that this movie is true, you may want to ask yourself this question....."If it was really a true story...why can no one find any FACTS or information on it?"

There are no news reports, no newspaper articles...NOTHING which leaves me to believe that it is simply another Blair Witch type movie.

If someone can prove otherwise with facts, please give links...otherwise this movie is complete fiction...nothing more!

There was no Carter Simms...no Masterson house, or anything true about this movie.

If you think I am wrong then prove it! Post links that people can investigate for themselves. But until I see proof that this story is real....I think of it as Blair Witch or The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Take your pick!

• Kristen5 years agoReport

Actually there is such thing as the Masterson House it is in Queen Creek Arizona. Now I will say that "the death of a ghost hunter" may be untrue but the house does exist there's pictures and ppl can check the outside out only I believe. The movie also said that this house was in the top 10, its not

• magnes

Carter Simms

There was a Carter Simms but no where is there proof she did this, died doing it or any other house haunting as far as that goes. T I am sure there are literally thousands of Carter Simms in the USA alone. This movie is nothing more than a Blair Witch hype type to line the pockets of the producers and nothing more.

• THIS WAS A 100% TRUE STORY IN A WAY BECAUSE THESE MURDERS DID HAPPEN, BUT WHEN INVESTIGATED, EVERYONE CAME OUT ALIVE..NO ONE DIED.

The Masterson house is real enough. The rest of the story, however, I am trying to figure out as well. I can't even find any info on this Carter Simms! But I'll keep trying.

I believe that this movie is based off of SOME untrue facts. There is no official evidence of a ghost hunter dying in the Masterson House. But the Masterson house does exist u can look up photos. I believe it was in Queen Creek Arizona. Now the movie also said it was in the top 10 most haunted places, and its not, there's actually no "real" proof that the Masterson House is actually haunted. I hope this helped and this is all my opinion and research I have found, if anyone finds otherwise just let me know :) thanks I'm also still researching this movie :)

I actually live in Queen Creek, AZ, I live about 5 minutes from the house. First off the reason there is no address because in order to film the movie the current house owners said they did not want their real house address on the movie for obvious reasons. And yes, in the 1980s there was a big murder and the house is considered haunted and in 2002 there were ghost hunters but as far as I know, they were NOT murders, I'm not sure whether the ghost hunter who investigated was Carter Simmons. That's all the information I know. I hope this helped :)

Source(s): I live by the house

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I just saw this film, which claims it is based on the death of this ghost hunter in 2002 but I can't find any info on it. I was really curious whether this story is based on the read death of this ghost hunter or just made up b.s. like Blairwitch Project? If it is based on a 'real' story, I would...

Source(s): death ghosthunter carter simms masterson haunted house: https://shortly.im/7OUhR
    • ?4 years agoReport

I live in queen creek and the house and the murders are real. There were ghost hunters in 2002 but I'm not sure what their names were and they did not die. So parts of it are true but the haunting is more creepy than murderous today.

Seriously? You're all asking the same questions! It's so obviously a work of fiction, as are all 'haunting' films. No-one has ever come up with absolute proof of ghosts otherwise it would make headline news around the world!! Enjoy these films but don't waste your time searching for answers! Now, I need to try and find out if Gandolph the Grey really helped save Middle Earth. Not sure which continent it's on though.......

• Shaman3 years agoReport

By the time Gandalf saved Middle Earth, he was Gandalf "The White", and Middle Earth is not on a continent, it is in Middle Earth... It is only accessible at the poles, where all of the UFOs enter it ;-)

I am a fan of horror films/those dealing with paranormal and if you scroll down the list of these movies, you ll find that they are all based in some way on "true" happenings, some a wee bit farfetched but all the same...... Amityville Horror is a good example. The guy who murdered his family, said demons were telling him to do this but he was also trying to work up an insanity case. The family who bought this house afterwards have all sorts of hair raiising tales plus the priest who had come to bless the place. The house is presently occupied but they have reported no creepy activity. Hans Holzer, a psychic investigator, had a conversation with the ghost of a P-O.ed Indian. This was supposedly the site of an old Indian burial ground - that s always a good one. The family that got rid of the place and fled swear and be damned that all this happened but they are in a position of "that s their story and they re stuck with it." As for capturing stuff on film .... "the camera doesn t lie" BUT liars use cameras. So------

Death Of A Ghost Hunter