Please help......Im from Phil. and my boyfriend is from US, what is the first step applying for fiance visa.

the final decision of my annulment will come soon.....who will apply for the fiance visa? what r the requirements and the procedures...Please help.......

2 Answers

  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

    Your must file the Petition for Alien Fiancé(e), Form I-129F, with the Department of Homeland Security's U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) office that serves the area where you he lives. Note: You cannot file this petition at an embassy, consulate or U.S. immigration office abroad.

    After the USCIS approves the petition, it sends the petition to National Visa Center for processing, prior to sending it to the embassy or consulate where you the fiancé(e) will apply for a K-1 nonimmigrant visa for a fiancé(e).

    The consular section at the embassy or consulate where you, the fiancé(e) of an American citizen, will apply for a visa, will tell you about any additional specific requirements that you need to fulfill to complete your visa application, such as where you need to go for the required medical examination. During the interview process, an ink-free, digital fingerprint scan will be taken. The following is required:

    A passport valid for travel to the United States and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in the United States (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).

    Birth certificate

    Divorce or death certificate of any previous spouse for both the applicant and the petitioner

    Police certificate from all places lived since age 16

    Medical examination (vaccinations are optional, see below)

    Evidence of financial support (Form I-134, Affidavit of Support may be requested.)

    Two Nonimmigrant Visa Applications, Form DS-156 (A Form DS-156, prepared in duplicate.)

    One Nonimmigrant Fiancé(e) Visa Application, Form DS-156K

    Two nonimmigrant visa photos (each two inches 50 X 50 mm square, showing full face, against a light background)

    Evidence of a fiancé relationship

    Payment of fees, as explained below.

    The consular officer may ask for additional information according to the circumstances of the case. Documents in foreign languages should be translated.

    Take clear, legible photocopies of civil documents, such as birth and marriage certificates, to the interview. Original documents can then be returned to you.

    • Login to reply the answers
  • thum
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

    Why did he do a volunteer departure? Did he get stuck committingg a criminal offense and his sentence was once to go back to Mexico? Of path there aren't any loopholes however haven't any worry I am definite he'll be again over in a couple of days.

    • Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.