Abec Bearing question

Are abec 5 chrome bearings fast? And please can u give me a bearing speed list? And are abec 5 chrome bearings good for an intermediate skater. Thnx

• Paco
    Favorite Answer

Abec means nothing when it comes to bearings, its all about brands. You can buy bearings that claim to be abec 9 from a cheap store and a bearings that say there abec 3 from a good shop and the 3s be better. I suggest buying bones reds, thats the best.

abec 5 is plenty nice. how much are you spending on them? once you get past abec 1, you won't be able to tell the difference at the park, because they'll get dirty fast. if you want to be economical, I suggest going to an online store, and getting bones reds, the golden standard for skate bearings, or the "daddiesboardshop.com abec 7 bearings", because most of the stores push their own standard wholesale bearing that is essentially just as good as any name brand, but doesn't come in a pretty box. I don't know what you're looking to spend on these abec 5's but daddiesboardshop.com sells abec 7s for 11.50. bones reds act like abec 7s but cost as much as abec 3's and they come in a fancy box. it's all about preference and name brand association. I wouldn't pay so much attention to the abec rating, because it only rates how precisely they are made, not how fast they go. if you want to spend 11.50 go daddiesboardshop abec 7, if you want to spend 15, go bones reds, if you want to spend 30 go element swiss. they all go fast enough for park or street skating, but last longer based on their price.

lucky abec 7, look at the answers in your other question. why ask a similar or same question twice?

any abec bearings going to stink the best bearings ever are bone swiss the second best are heart for gold(sp) reds are ok