Mike01 asked in SportsCycling · 1 decade ago

Shimano 2200 bicycle components

I know these are listed below SORA components, and are the lowest of the shimano higher end components. I am curies as to how they perform compared to SORA. If anyone has ever used the 2200 before, let me know how they compare.

Favorite Answer

2200 components are what are commonly called "non-series". Shimano has this type of thing for almost all of their lines with the exception (I think) of Dura Ace and XTR.

Ultimately, 2200 is a designation to allow speccing of the last generation of parts. For example, the 2200 STI shifters are 7 speed and there are no model names on the derailleurs or other parts.

Compared to Sora? Well, functionally they are the same but tend to be based on a previous years technology, using old molds and dies. If I had a choice I wouldn't use them BUT often use front derailleurs and cranks to maintain my price point when speccing bikes.

Source(s): 29 years in the industry

Shimano 2200 Sti