should you be able to fly the confederate flag in the south?

i dont want people to think of this is racist!its not that kind of question serious thoughts only!

• Favorite Answer

I love the confederate flag because I am from the south and it represents my heritage. It represents the southern soldiers that fought and died, the deep fried everything, and the friendly neighbors that you can always borrow a cup of sugar from. It represents hoe downs and fish fry's, and bonfire parties, Good food, good fun, and good friends, Home sweet home, and someone always having your back even when you dont deserve it. It represents all the good, and the bad. I am glad salvery no longer exists but I am thankful for what we accomplished through it. Dont knock the south until you try it. I have southern pride but I respectfully do not fly a confederate flag because I know to some, who dont realize that it is not about prejudice, it could only be interpreted as hate. Yes, I think people should be allowed to fly them, but no I dont think people should feel like they are hated just from watching a particular flag fly.

I don't think we should fly the confederate flag

First off it is the symbol used by many hate groups and for obvious reasons. The KKK uses it not because it "look cool" but because it informs people about their agenda against blacks, hispanics, asians, homosexuals, jewish people and even catholics.

Just because it is part of history doesn't mean you should embrace it and wave it with pride. You don't see germans waving around the Nazi flag going HEIL HITLER!!!. THe Nazi flag is German heritage but it doesn't make it any more appropriate.

There is no sense in waving around a reminder of a stupid rebellous group that succeeded from the union because they wanted to keep slaves to help their cotton plantation.

The only flag we should be waving here is the AMERICAN FLAG!!! You can wave your STATE flag but not with the same amount of pride as the AMERICAN FLAG.

If it wasn't for the americans, then you would not even have the freedom to wave around the washed up reminder of a stupid lost cause.

Source(s): AMERICA!!!

Yes, the Confederate Flag does not necessarily represent anything negative.

It represents the ~WHOLE~ history of the south, not just slavery or whatever reasons one might think it shouldn't be allowed.

The American flag, has a lot of negative history connected to it as well, so don't be so quick to judge anyone who flies either flag.

I dont think the flag should be limited nor is it limited to people flying them in just the south

No!

Just like slavery the confederate flag should be abolished!

It represents racism, hatred, separitism & bigotry.

I'd like to believe America's new motto is: Change, hope & unity!!

well should you be able to fly the flags of other countries? It is your freedom to do so but we should all call ourselves americans

i in my view think of that that is somewhat trashy, yet particularly some people use the accomplice Jack to declare that they are pleased with being Southern, as antagonistic to being Northern. particular, it became an emblem used interior the Civil war, yet you besides might might desire to undergo in ideas that the Civil war became no longer approximately slavery, it became related to the South desiring the government to be vulnerable united states, reliable state, somewhat of what what could grow to be the Union had, freely giving lots of their top to control to the national government. a style of rights (i think terrible calling it that, by employing the way) became slavery. by employing the way, you nevertheless have people desirous to alter back to the reliable state, vulnerable united states format. those people are called libertarians. they have a tendency to resemble conservative Republicans, yet they have some issues - like legalization of medicine - that are very lots no longer Republican. look them up; they seem to be a strange, strange team. besides, sufficient of the background/politics lesson. We style of view maximum Northerners as impolite, continually busy people, while we see ourselves as comfortable and well mannered. (of path, stereotypes are not extraordinarily reliable, for i've got met many laid back and well mannered Northerners, and particularly some rushed and impolite Southerners...) The accomplice Jack is, to many people, an emblem of the South in basic terms as candy tea or cornbread is. It should not be taken as a antagonistic or racist factor, besides the fact that some, no longer all, who do fly it are many times extra of the extra... properly... classic Southern inventory. In different words, a guy or woman who flies the Jack won't call a non-white something nasty to her face, nor will he spit on her shoes, yet he possibly heavily isn't good friends along with her, and there could be some stigma in his relatives if he ever wanted as much as now her. it is not an brazenly racist image. Now in case you spot somebody in a white hood flying it, that is on your superb activity to run. Or in case you're a white guy or woman, saunter up casually and punch him in his face. Do it for me, particular?

• dad

Why not the mexicans fly there flags here and no one says anything.

Other races may see it as a hate thing since...well it was used as a symbol of hate. I don't care if its a bad boy image kind of thing I think its gross. Let me fly something thats a smybol of hate to whites and see if everyone don't mind.

I don't think it is racist, and just a symbol and pride of the south.