Do You Believe in Lucky Pennies?

See a penny pick it up.... Do you believe they are lucky. And what makes them lucky? Anyone got interesting stories on how they found theirs. Also how does a penny become lucky and can you make one lucky yourself?

Update:

Is it still lucky if you buy one - or only if you find it

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

I think that some pennies are lucky. I've heard that if you find a penny heads-up it's lucky but if you find a penny that's tails-up it's bad luck. I don't believe that because whenever I leave a tails-up penny alone I end up needing it later. So it goes either way for me.

• 1 decade ago

Well, I was lucky I found it. And if I pass it on to a charity collection box (what I usually do), then they are lucky to have got another contribution, and the end recipient probably needs it more than I do. If I am willing to share, instead of keeping it all for myself, then I find life has a way of returning the favour. Win Win all round.

Lucky penny? Of course. Some people call them Angel Kisses.

I think the penny becomes lucky because you pass it on - whether you find it yourself or if you start the cycle by giving one of your own - or indeed if you buy one, but pass it on to someone who may need it more. Hugging it to yourself suggests a little ... greed ... wanting it all just for you ... unless you really are in dire straits

Oh, by the way, over here in Ireland the rhyme goes "see a pin and pick it up...." I'm not at all sure about the luck element there, except that perhaps you were lucky to find it.

• Leigh
    Lv 4
    4 years ago

Let's just say I don't push my luck. I always pick up a lucky penny. Rabbits feet aren't good luck for the rabbit~~! And I try not to break mirrors or walk under ladders. =)

• 1 decade ago

yeah it's lucky, you just earn yourself a penny. you're a penny richer.

someone's lost is your gain

lol lucky penises, laura

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 decade ago

actually i tghink its just lucky that u found a penny

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

No but when I read the question I thought it said "lucky penises" :D

• me
    Lv 4
    1 decade ago

i keep all the pennies i find, one day it will make me rich, one day.

• 1 decade ago

my mother does, or at least she says she does. Either that, or it's just her excuse to pick up change.

• Anonymous
    1 decade ago

ive done that lately. nothing ever changes for me.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.