Do You Believe in Lucky Pennies?

See a penny pick it up.... Do you believe they are lucky. And what makes them lucky? Anyone got interesting stories on how they found theirs. Also how does a penny become lucky and can you make one lucky yourself?

Is it still lucky if you buy one - or only if you find it

Favorite Answer

I think that some pennies are lucky. I've heard that if you find a penny heads-up it's lucky but if you find a penny that's tails-up it's bad luck. I don't believe that because whenever I leave a tails-up penny alone I end up needing it later. So it goes either way for me.

Well, I was lucky I found it. And if I pass it on to a charity collection box (what I usually do), then they are lucky to have got another contribution, and the end recipient probably needs it more than I do. If I am willing to share, instead of keeping it all for myself, then I find life has a way of returning the favour. Win Win all round.

Lucky penny? Of course. Some people call them Angel Kisses.

I think the penny becomes lucky because you pass it on - whether you find it yourself or if you start the cycle by giving one of your own - or indeed if you buy one, but pass it on to someone who may need it more. Hugging it to yourself suggests a little ... greed ... wanting it all just for you ... unless you really are in dire straits

Oh, by the way, over here in Ireland the rhyme goes "see a pin and pick it up...." I'm not at all sure about the luck element there, except that perhaps you were lucky to find it.

• Leigh

Let's just say I don't push my luck. I always pick up a lucky penny. Rabbits feet aren't good luck for the rabbit~~! And I try not to break mirrors or walk under ladders. =)

yeah it's lucky, you just earn yourself a penny. you're a penny richer.

someone's lost is your gain

lol lucky penises, laura

actually i tghink its just lucky that u found a penny

No but when I read the question I thought it said "lucky penises" :D

• me

i keep all the pennies i find, one day it will make me rich, one day.

my mother does, or at least she says she does. Either that, or it's just her excuse to pick up change.

ive done that lately. nothing ever changes for me.