Is Breaking Dawn as bad as everyone says it is?

I haven't read it yet, but I have heard alot of bad reviews for it. What's you opinion?

Best Answer

Yes, it is. I don't even understand how people who liked the first three can say they liked it. It was like she completely switched genres, changed all the characters, and cut out all the romance. Most of us read the books for the compelling love story and great characters. You will find none of that in this book. Bella doesn't even once forget to breathe when talking to edward.

I'm returning my copy.

* spoiler alert *

I enjoyed the book even after reading the spoilers (which turned out to be true) last Aug 2, and even after reading the really bad fan reviews last Aug 4. I scoured the web for BD news while waiting for my own copy of BD since the book was only released on Aug 4 in our country.

Meyer did a good job of resolving the Edward-Bella-Jacob conflict by letting Jacob imprint on Nessie. Bella and Jacob's relationship has come full circle and their friendship remained intact.

Kinda reminded me of how the Laurie-Jo conflict was resolved in Little Women when Laurie fell in love with Jo's sister Amy when she grew up.

Some of the things I like about BD:

1. More character development for Jacob...and Seth. Seth is one funny wolf. =)

2. Bella grew stronger as a character. She became more independent.

3. Introduction of new characters. I hope to see more of Kate-Garrett and Nahuel-Jacob-Nessie in future companion novels (hope there will be).

I was wondering why a lot of people hated the book because there were no deaths and bloodshed in the ending just like in HP and the Deathly Hallows. The title should have been clue enough - Breaking Dawn...signifies a new day/morning...something to be hopeful or happy about...happy ending! On the other hand, Deathly Hallows...you can definitely expect deaths there.

All in all, I had fun reading the book. It was fun and funny! Maybe the trick is to read the book without expecting the author to write your own version of the story. That's what fanfics are for. =)

Ive just asked this question myself!!!!

I thought it was bloody marvelous.

Its faster and more exciting than the others, which might be what ppl dont like.

I love it for that reason. Completely different to the other books, if you've read the others you HAVE TO READ BREAKING DAWN!

9 and a half hourse VERY well spent if you ask me. Couldn't put it down till i'd finished it.

Unfortunately, it is as bad as people say. Its soo different you don't even have to read Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse to read Breaking Dawn. It's just bad. A major let down.

• It was great! I don't know what everyone is complaining about! I mean the only thing is that it is a little different than the other books before it, but its just because Meyer wrote it in a more mature mood. I think you have to be mature to be able to appreciate the book. I loved it!

• bushea

nicely -- there isn't something interior the e book that your mom could not see in finished colour on any variety of cleansing soap operas, so i could probable classify it as PG-thirteen. :-) it is a complicated tale, and it does not have the gee-whiz-we are-in-love sense of the 1st 3 books, besides the shown fact that it is not undesirable for what happens "luckily ever after . . ." There are some extraordinary twists, however, and Stephenie Meyer broke various the regulations of her very own fantasy international with the intention to make that ensue, that's why some all human beings is bent out of shape.

I have to say I loved Twilight,new moon and Eclipse .Breaking dawn is good too but not as as those 3I would have loved if she wrote more detailes about the wedding Donot listen to anybody .people have different likes and dislikes .read it and judge it for your self.

No Breaking Dawn isn't as bad as everyone says it is....I personally loved it!

well everyone has there own perspectives towards everything, in my opinion it was really good, yes it could've been better but it can't say it was bad, i found some of her ideas really cool and unique (i would specify but that would spoil the book for you)...i really think you should read it and come up with your own opinion about it

I havent read it either. But I've heard alot of bad things about it...