HDD corruption is occuring due to Operating sys or any hardware problem?

HDD corruption is occuring due to Operating sys or any hardware problem? i m having a 40GB and a 250GB hdd..... in which can i put the OS

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Me M
    Lv 5
    1 decade ago
    Favorite Answer

--"HDD corruption is occuring due to Operating sys or any hardware problem?"--

That doesn't make sense. Can you rephrase the sentence? If you are asking what causes hard drive corruption, it can be due to software (such as a virus), it can be caused by malfunctioning hardware (such as a failing hard drive, bad cable connections, bad cables, failing hard drive controllers, or several other things), or it could possibly be caused by a corrupt system file that controls access to the file system in the operating system.

You can put the operating system in either drive. I would suggest you put it on the newer drive because it is less likely to fail (modern hard drives typically have lifespans of about 4 or 5 years...but I have had them last much longer and much shorter). If they approximately the same age, put it on the 250GB hard drive. It is larger which means it is probably newer technology. This means it probably has a faster seek time (speed at which it can find your data), has a larger cache built into it, and possibly a higher RPM (which means it will be faster).

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.