My interest is to experience outer space thru NASA STS. WHat shud I study after grade 12?

I want to got to space so what stream shud I join so that I may later on join Nasa n be a pert of its STS missions?

• Nomadd
    Favorite Answer

Time travel. The STS will shut down in two years. If you're interested in the Ares program, they take candidates with just about any physical sciences degree.

• Gary B

You may need to select a new field.

The Space Shuttle Program is scheduled to END in 2010.

Current goals AFTER the space shuttle are more Moon Landings, and possibly a manned mission to Mars.

Current work concerns a new booster for the moon missions, but there is a great deal of argument that the new rocket costs too much and does too little. Some NASA scientisist have even tried to design their OWN rocket, which they say is more cost effective, but no one wants to listen and these scientiests are in danger of losing their jobs.

The trouble is, all of this costs a GREAT deal of money, and that money coenms from the government. Right now, many people are PO'd because of the large amounts of money spent on our military, and even though the Space Shuttle and moon landings are peaceful missions, people THINK that they are run by the military.

So NASA is having a very difficult time right now getting money to do ANYTHING past 2010.

As for you, you will need all the math and science (of ALL types) you can get. Also, be active in sports -- physical fitness is required for astronaout training. Clear communications, both verbal and written, are required, so check your spelling (don't think that texting will cut it) and try to get onto the debate team or public speaking class, if you school has one.

You sould also consider going into the Air Force, as ex-pilots are still the Number One source of NASA pilot material.

Source(s): www.universetoday.com/2008/05/06/only-11-space-shuttle-missions-remain/

I don't know how old you are, but I can tell you that I was able to compose sentences in correct English when I was in primary school (under age 11). If you can't do that now, and assuming that you're older than 11, you seriously need to brush up on your education.

Astronauts are without exception high achievers academically. Many of them were pilots in the military beforehand. Either way, the ability to read and write to a high standard is a prerequisite.

NASA candidacy requirements

Be citizens of the United States.

Pass a strict physical examination, and have a near and distant visual acuity correctable to 20/20. Blood pressure, while sitting, must be no greater than 140 over 90.

Commander and Pilot

A bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science or mathematics is required, and a graduate degree is desired, although not essential.

At least 1,000 hours flying time as Pilot-in-Command in jet aircraft. Experience as a test pilot is desirable.

Height must be 5 ft 4 in to 6 ft 4 in (1.63 to 1.93 m).

Mission Specialist

Bachelor's degree in engineering, biological science, physical science or mathematics, as well as at least three years of related professional experience.

Applicant's height must be 5 ft 2 in to 6 ft 4 in (1.57 to 1.93 m).

.

Perhaps this could be due to black holes or perhaps something a local Government is up to, but is classified from NASA. We really don't know... Speculation doesn't give us any conclusions as of yet, only possible leads. Could be as you seem to speculate, If God is giving us a signal, but again we must wait for real conclusiveness. If God is able to cloak spiritual vision of things & science cannot measure things on this realm... then He is also more than capable of cloaking sounds in the spiritual realm. Only time will tell.

The requirements for the NASA astronaut program are found at http://www.nasa.gov/audience/forstudents/postsecon...

Forget about Shuttle. Even if you started today, you couldn't get through the Astronaut Candidate program before Shuttle quits flying.

you will probally need classes like physics, astronomy, advanced math, some technical classes wouldn't hurt either. Computer classes and such. Try to get in to the advanced version of all you classes when ever possible. I also recommend getting all A's. only a few are accepted and they are all at the top of their class.